Naming of the spider...

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I have a Honduran Curlyhair named Moe, a Brazilian whiteknee named Shamu, but cannot thing of a name for my female rosea. Anyone bored enough to help me out? It's been months...:(

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one called Sierra, one called Zuess, one called Myah, and a red-morph called Zan. Do you have any favorite movies with a favorite characters name in it. That's how I got Zan from the Sci-Fi series Farscape.

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Hmmm. Not a bad idea. Maybe I'll go by favorite authors? Nah...C.S. Lewis doesn't sound good. :}

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Mine's name is kill-o-gramm.. but that probably wouldn't apply to most of them ;)

Bill

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Rose, Rosie, Hiorshi, Rosette, Gramma Stole a Rose (thats mines name but its Rose for short), Soul Eater, Harriette, .....will come up w/more later !

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Thanks for these good ideas. I don't know why nothing seems to fit this spider...
BTW Arachnophile....my curly is named Moe after the three stooges too....:)

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first rosehair was named Lillith, the second was named Dudley (but turned out to be a female, so we called her Dudlette, lol).

I'm not sure why I haven't named one Rose yet!?

Paul

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The first Chilean rose I had was named Fluffy. I used to HATE spiders (my prejudice was because I was extremely afraid of spiders) and decided on my 21st birthday to confront the fear and told my mom that I wanted a Tarantula. She agreed with my decision and Fluffy was mine. She lived in my care for 8 years until she had a serious problem from which she couldn't recover. To make a long story longer, I go with sarcastic names if nothing comes to me. We have a G. pulchra named Snuggles. An E. campestratus named Pebbles. Debo (the bully in the movie 'Friday') a T. blondi. Movies can be a wealth of names.

najig21

Arachnopeon
Most of mine are sarcastic, or named after movies. My Aphonopelma chalcodes is named Genghis Khan (her not being aggressive AT ALL). My Grammastola rosea is named Aristotle. (I let my math teacher name her. That's the last time I ever do that). My Aphonopelma seemanni is named Liz (after the vet in Garfield) and my Avicularia versicolor is named Irma (after the diner lady in Garfield). My ball python is named Squeeze (can you guess why?) My Pandinus imperator is The Grinch (he's a little pissy). I also have a Hadrurus arizonensis which I haven't named (any suggestions), and a Brachypelma smithi which I haven't named (any other suggestions). The smithi is still a baby (1 1/2 inches). And I'm not going to name my black widow.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i seem to usaly name my inverts after serial killers or affiliates to them, regalis is named sadie may klutz, also i love H.P Lovecraft so i have some pets named after the ''ancient ones'' in the storys, my earth tigers are named shub-niggurath, yog-sothhoth, and chtulu,i gotta think of a cool name for my pede from H.P. Lovecraft something thats sounds cool, don't know yet--Jeff

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you want to go classic, Charlotte is a perfect name. Especially if your spidey is really sweet.

Another option would be naming it after Gil Grissom from CSI. Yeah, it's a boy name, but there's nothing wrong with transsexual names. He loves spiders, and if your spider seems a bit geeky, it'll work.

Or (I saw The Two Towers last night), you could use Tolkein names. Hmm, Eowyn the spider. Or Galadriel, cuz she's cool too. Is she a tad vapid yet beautiful? Arwen would work then...=D

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
X i seem to usaly name my inverts after serial killers or affiliates to them, regalis is named sadie may klutz, also i love H.P Lovecraft so i have some pets named after the ''ancient ones'' in the storys, my earth tigers are named shub-niggurath, yog-sothhoth, and chtulu,i gotta think of a cool name for my pede from H.P. Lovecraft something thats sounds cool, don't know yet--Jeff
name the pede azag- thoth.;P

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

Originally posted by Lycanthrope
name the pede azag- thoth.;P
hey thanks! thats perfect iknew their was one i could'nt remember, yeah azag-thoth cooool, hey you read H.P Lovecraft? thanks heck yeah --jeff