Named my Ts finally

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi...I had asked everyone what they had named their Ts in hopes of getting an idea on what to name mine. Well, I have thought up some names and wanted to share them with you all.

My A. avic is named: Chula (taran-chula,:p , and it means sweetie/cuite in spanish)

My B. smithi is named: Monarch (when he molted a few days ago, he reminded me of a mnarch butterfly coming out of its cacoon- so beautiful:) )

My B. boehmei is named: Blaze (my husband:eek: , who hates Ts, named this one- it was a character from the game 'Street Fighter')

Thank you to everyone who helped me think of names!! Let me know what u think of the names I chose!

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only name the bigger ones, I just call the slings the latin names.
B. smithi is 'Vala'
G. rosea is 'Rosie' original I know.
A. seemanni is Jacy Bee
T. blondi is Harry
Still trying to come up with something for my L. parahybana

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice. All of my T's are named, but since there are 47 of them, I won't list them all. The last ones I got are.
2 A. avic slings: Hunter and Shadow from the spider riders
1 T. apophysis sling: Orlene from a Piers Anthony book
1 A. minatrix: Trixie from minatrix.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. rosea is cuddles, she was my first T and I wanted a name for her that no one would think of as a spider's name.

My B. albopilosum is Thor. Thor is the norse god of thunder, and she is dark and poofy like a thunder cloud.

My B. boehmei is Ares. Red was the color of the greek god of war with the same name.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A lot of people have themes to their names. I've always been a fan of Becca's choices...naming them after famous scientists.

I don't really see the point in naming my tarantulas. I view them more as living biological specimens more than pets.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
When your collection gets larger (it will (at least until they develop a patch for the addiction)) you'll find naming them no longer a priority.

I sell naming rights to my ts, though no big money takers yet. Though I've been able to barter them them though, so far a mention in the acknowledgements of a friend's thesis, on the liner notes on a friend's band's demo (and first album if signed) and finally traded one to a friend put in a good word with certain female.