Name of this species? Found in Ca

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Die anything habben to it?
I just spent several days in California, and took every opportunity to flip rocks, both within the city and out in the desert, and didn't find a single Polymorpha. Your are lucky that one came to find you. Is it doing ok?

Cristian22

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately no it died It was already dying when I found it. This is actually the 2nd one I found here where I live the other one was much bigger and more alive tried to bite me when I picked it up with a paper napkin. Luckily I didn't get bit , this was 2 years ago before I got into keeping pets especially arachnids

arachnothing

Arachnopeon
I just spent several days in California, and took every opportunity to flip rocks, both within the city and out in the desert, and didn't find a single Polymorpha. Your are lucky that one came to find you. Is it doing ok?
While they surely occur elsewhere, I have better luck in places with some elevation. Avoid the beaten paths, they do. Stones with lichen on them in their arid habitats is an indication that the elusive moisture they need is beneath, and yield the best results for me.