name for my T

cobalt

Arachnopeon
I don`t know if my T is a male or a female, but I would like to know some nice names. I have no ideea. How did you guys named you pets?

Evil Seedlet

Arachnopeon
Naming is super hard for me too. Usually I just wait until something really sticks out to me. Last week I became obsessed with the Old Spice guy and named my biggest sling Isaiah Mustafa. I think I'll just keep it that way whether it turns out to be a boy or a girl.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I usually wait until I hear a word or a name that strikes me as matching the sling's personality. I named my B. smithi Catastrophe and my B. vagans Calamity. I also have a rosea who I call "Smiling Jack" he was a rescue.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I named one of my unsexed Sammy . If it turns out to be a male , it can be same :) I like to think of old Greek names , like my versicolor female name is Medusa :)

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have 13 Ts. 4 have names and the others are just numbers because I can't find anything I like.
Shadow(F), Eclipse(F), Midnight(M), Phantom(M) (all G pulchra)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
A theme has developed amongst my T names. Catastrophe, Calamity... They're all synonyms for destruction... lol.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just let my fiance name all my animals, she loves to and I don't have to think, and all her names are great. Most are anime character names, or names that are special to her from a character from a book. So on and so forth. Gah she is great. {D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Because is my pet? If you had a dog, you wouldn`t give him a name?:)
Calamity it`s a cool name. I think I`m going to name mt T. Thunder:)) Or Anger? Hmmm....so hard:(
Yes ofcourse i would name my dog but a theraphosid is not really the same, i just call them by their scientific name:)

Evil Seedlet

Arachnopeon
Yes ofcourse i would name my dog but a theraphosid is not really the same, i just call them by their scientific name:)
To some people it is the same :) And I'm sure they aren't saying they are just going to replace and forget the sci. name with their pet name, but if you want to fawn over your spider, saying "Who's a cute little Spot?" is a lot easier than saying "Who's a cute little Acanthoscurria geniculata?"

Just doesn't have the same ring {D But to each his own. There's no harm either way, I think.

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Name for Versi

I have an unsexed Versicolor that I named "Pink" after Pink Floyd the wall. I figure either way Male or Female it will work.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first spider (a jumper) i named 'Parker,' after Spiderman. Since then, i've gone with a theme of ending names in 'er.' The only exception so far is my A. avic whom i've named 'Pinkerton.' Right now i'm stuck on a name for my newest T, a female B. albopilosum.

I find it's fun to have a theme, be it greek gods, types of food or even synonyms of the same word. Have fun with it!

taraction

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
or name them after music. can't go wrong with music.

for example, i got an avic avic called "sticky fingers", a g. pulchipes called "gold experience", a pair of a. geniculata called "scary monster" and "super creep". most of my other spiders are named after pink floyd and queen songs because they are so awesome.