N. tripepii leg curled?

amblypibitch

Arachnopeon
This spider is gonna put me in the psych ward I swear.
I came home and my N. tripepii was sitting in her enclosure and two of her left back legs were sort of curled under her. I know what the death curl is and why it occurs so that was on my mind. I opened her enclosure to get a picture to post here and she jolted into activity and resumed a normal (not curled) position and started walking around frantically for a few moments before calming down and walking into her den (where she is now).
She looks normal now, and if I’m not mistaken - the death curl or curl due to dehydration is not something they can just snap out of in a moments time.
Am I correct to assume she was just ‘resting’ like that?
If anyone thinks it’s more serious I’m more than happy to wrangle her out into a little ICU to rehydrate but if it’s nothing I’d much rather leave her be.

amblypibitch

Arachnopeon
Also for additional information her abdomen is not shrunken in and she can clearly still move around. She’s usually quite active which seems to still be true. She ate yesterday. I can’t get a picture of her right in this moment since she’s hiding but here’s a ventral picture of her from yesterday if that helps

Attachments

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
The spider looks pretty healthy, she's probably just grooming herself.
Plus they sometimes sit in weird positions as well.

amblypibitch

Arachnopeon
The spider looks pretty healthy, she's probably just grooming herself.
Plus they sometimes sit in weird positions as well.
Thank you for your reply. Yeah they definitely do weird crap and I try not to over analyze it because I’ll never find an answer lol but the legs being curled made me panic 😩 she seems fine now though so hopefully you’re right!

Jack III

Arachnocultured
Old Timer
I think you are over analyzing a normal observation of a healthy and robust tripepii. Appears to be plenty of moisture and poo in the enclosure. Cancel her ICU visit and your reservation at the psych ward. :wacky:

amblypibitch

Arachnopeon
I think you are over analyzing a normal observation of a healthy and robust tripepii. Appears to be plenty of moisture and poo in the enclosure. Cancel her ICU visit and your reservation at the psych ward. :wacky:
Hahah thank you for the reply! Glad to hear she’s just being a normal T (aka confusing lol).

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
They sit in some really strange positions, and it seems they particularly enjoy sitting with their legs curled mid-groom 😂 generally as long as it's not all the legs at once there's no need to worry.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It sounds and appears normal, and like said Probably grooming or just sitting oddly as they do!