N.incei Rehouse Day

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I just got some more of the cubes in today and rehoused all 6 of my N.incei Ts. It went really smooth with only one of them deciding it would hold onto it's water dish and not let got for anything. I few minutes later it relented and when into it's new home. :rolleyes:

I took a few photos as I went along and thought I'd share. Enjoy the photo wall. :D

New containers in the mail today.

Preparing to add in the plants. I glued these in the corners and poked a small starter hole behind the middle plant.

Here is what they looked like before I moved the Ts in.

Here is my T moving setup. There are two more catch cups on the floor along with tongs, extra straws and paintbrushes.

After all of them moved and I'm waiting for them to settle in.

Final gold enclosure setup.

All on them on the shelf.

A few shots of the Ts cause we have to have those. (not the best using the camera phone)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Nothing beats Amax boxes for slings, eh?

Nice setups! Those will look very cool in a week or two.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Love your enclosures and love those InterDesign shoe boxes! Can't wait to see your setup :)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Did you get the cubes from Amazon? I was looking at that style for my A avic but got an amac instead since it has the larger lid.

These look great! I think making enclosures is one of the coolest things about keeping tarantulas and I love to see what people do with theirs!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, they are already webbing pretty heavy. I can't wait to see how they do the setup with the option to both burrow and web.

I make them nice enclosures and this is the thanks I get.. it's already filling the water dish with dirt.... friggin ingrates. :shifty:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Did you get the cubes from Amazon? I was looking at that style for my A avic but got an amac instead since it has the larger lid.

These look great! I think making enclosures is one of the coolest things about keeping tarantulas and I love to see what people do with theirs!
I did. They are the same ones I use for my I.mira Ts. They work great for dwarf species that like to dig. I like taller/more narrow ones for Avics.

I enjoy setting them up with cool stuff and see how they make a home out of it. :)

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's incredible that no one gave an high five to you for that. Loved the pool and that kinda sort of 'bar' you have man. I'm more into Five-pin billiards, however :-s

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Bookmarking this for future reference, as Neoholothele incei is definitely on my wish list.
They are pretty cool. I got up this morning and they have been webbing like crazy. I noted that several of them have dug out a shallow hollows. They seem to be webbing those up for the base of their new web hide. In the deli cups they dug a few tunnels under the substrate but they tried to web a lot more. Unfortunately the webbing got destroyed when I took off the lid. So when I set up these I made them a lot taller with more webbing points. Hopefully they will take to that and make some nice web structures.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's incredible that no one gave an high five to you for that. Loved the pool and that kinda sort of 'bar' you have man. I'm more into Five-pin billiards, however :-s
Ha ha, yeah. Most people have a sitting room or living room. I have a game room. The tall table and chairs work great when you're shooting pool. I play chess and Go and a lot of other games so you might see anything setup on them depending on who was over last.

What you don't see (that might interest you) is the 48 inch old tube TV in the wood hutch with the Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Time Crisis connected to it. I keep the old tube TV for games like Time Crisis and Duck Hunt because the light guns won't work without a tube TV. :D

I'd never heard of Five-pin before. It looks interesting. I mainly play 9 ball and 8 ball if people are over. My pool table is an old 70s model but its in great shape, is level and works well. I almost bought a hardwood slate table that came up for sale locally last year but didn't.

Last edited:

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Really nice setups! I received my first four incei slings yesterday and they have all started decorating like crazy in their deli cups. Incredibly cool species that didn't hesitate a second before jumping on mealworms twice their size, not to mention all the shaking of them booties. Really active and fun to watch. Those enclosures are great, are they the "amac's" ? Can I ask what dimensions? They are absolutely perfect!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
ARMAC boxes are really just a blanket name we use for this style of box. The plastic is usually very clear but also brittle. You have to take care when modding them so you dont crack them but other than that they work great for cheap enclosures.

I got these off amazon here. They are 4-7/8"L x 4-7/8"W x 5-1/2"H or roughly 5 x 5 x 5.5. They work great for dwarf burrowers and these small guys. The link is for a 4 pack so that's a good price IMO.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
ARMAC boxes are really just a blanket name we use for this style of box. The plastic is usually very clear but also brittle. You have to take care when modding them so you dont crack them but other than that they work great for cheap enclosures. I got these off amazon here. They are 4-7/8"L x 4-7/8"W x 5-1/2"H or roughly 5 x 5 x 5.5. They work great for dwarf burrowers and these small guys. The link is for a 4 pack so that's a good price IMO.
I was planning on making those cd-enclosures for these incei's as well as my two P. sazimai but these boxes would be even better.

They are 4-7/8"L x 4-7/8"W x 5-1/2"H or roughly 5 x 5 x 5.5.
Us europeans and our metric system... this is a strange mathematical formula for me but I'll manage some conversion! Thanks for the link mate.

EDIT: Around 125 mm x 125 mm x 140 mm. Almost exactly the dimensions of a cd jewel case!

EDIT 2: Argh. Damn import fees and VAT. It would cost 78 USD delievered :p

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ha ha, yeah. Most people have a sitting room or living room. I have a game room. The tall table and chairs work great when you're shooting pool. I play chess and Go and a lot of other games so you might see anything setup on them depending on who was over last.

What you don't see (that might interest you) is the 48 inch old tube TV in the wood hutch with the Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Time Crisis connected to it. I keep the old tube TV for games like Time Crisis and Duck Hunt because the light guns won't work without a tube TV. :D

I'd never heard of Five-pin before. It looks interesting. I mainly play 9 ball and 8 ball if people are over. My pool table is an old 70s model but its in great shape, is level and works well. I almost bought a hardwood slate table that came up for sale locally last year but didn't.
Yup the billiard game style we (and Argentina people) love. We have those ones with the holes and coloured balls as well, however :-s

I'm sure EulersK would love that, ah ah: it's basically pure "mind/eye geometry"... my family had a couple of those billiards.

Me? Sadly I can only use the billiard stick like 'The Warriors' Baseball Furies, ain't that good at :embarrassed:

Love retro games, that's a touch of class, man. I seriously need, btw, to DIY a MAME 'pocket' arcade cabinet (with HyperSpin inside of course) but time sucks so I keep delay that... IMO would be great in your game room as well.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I was planning on making those cd-enclosures for these incei's as well as my two P. sazimai but these boxes would be even better.

Us europeans and our metric system... this is a strange mathematical formula for me but I'll manage some conversion! Thanks for the link mate.

EDIT: Around 125 mm x 125 mm x 140 mm. Almost exactly the dimensions of a cd jewel case!

EDIT 2: Argh. Damn import fees and VAT. It would cost 78 USD delievered :p
You should check on the amazon site for your country and see if there is something similar. Some links are US only but amazon offers a lot of products in multiple countries.

boina

Lady of the mites
Ouch. Yeah, that is way too much. Maybe some EU peeps can give you a good run down on nice affordable containers there.
Yeah - Cricket Keeper style enclosures - they cost less than 10 Euro around here, medium size, 5 Euro for the small ones. It's what I use, and I don't even have to drill any holes, which is just as well, because I'm terribly bad with any kind of tool. Anything under 1 - 1.5 inches goes in a cricket box - the small plastic box you buy your crickets in.
AMAC-Style boxes? Good luck finding any. And if you do the'll probably be more expensive.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
See I tried to use those and I don't like them. They work great don't get me wrong, but it's soooooooooooooooooooo hard to open them and not spook the T. This is important to me as I like to take photos and a T running every time you try to open the enclosure makes for bad photos.

These are easily opened without the pop I get from KK. That and I don't like that I can't see thru the tops well. With these and the shoe boxes I can tell where my T is easily.

Not the end of the world but I'm glad I have other options. :)