N incei breeding

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I've been told that the gold and olive n incei are the same animal and thus you can breed them?? Isnt this hybridization?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
They are the same species, so no. Everything I’ve come across on the forum is that the color is a recessive gene, so you could breed two olives together and still produce the gold color form. I’m no expert, just what I’ve read.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
It is a recessive gene, same species.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I've been told that the gold and olive n incei are the same animal and thus you can breed them?? Isnt this hybridization?
It's one and the same species. You can compare the incei gold to an albino. If you breed with them, a certain percentage of the young will also be "golden". It has absolutely nothing to do with hybrids!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This one of those species where it is a special case that they're the same species. Probably one of the only few species, maybe the only species with a recessive gene for tarantulas. So it's fine to breed gold and olives together.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Wow Okay, thats cool.. then I suppose my gold can have at my olive and complete his goal

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
True same species. It's the only known example of what appears to be a simple, recessive gene following Mendelian genetics regarding gold. It was first discovered many years ago during captive breeding when someone naturally observed gold- a color and pattern morph.

Hybrids of any sort is when you take 2 different species and try to breed them to each other. This is a heinous thought that only a selfish idiot would do when it comes captive animals like tarantulas- where the supply is limited. No one wants FRANKENTs!

Wow Okay, thats cool.. then I suppose my gold can have at my olive and complete his goal
You may produce golds in such a case, depends on the olive's genetics

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
True same species. It's the only known example of what appears to be a simple, recessive gene following Mendelian genetics regarding gold. It was first discovered many years ago during captive breeding when someone naturally observed gold- a color and pattern morph.

Hybrids of any sort is when you take 2 different species and try to breed them to each other. This is a heinous thought that only a selfish idiot would do when it comes captive animals like tarantulas- where the supply is limited. No one wants FRANKENTs!

You may produce golds in such a case, depends on the olive's genetics
well yeah they just looked so different I assumed it was like a issue where they just hadn't separated the animals or anything.. kinda like the T albos having the Nicaraguan and the hobby forms, I am hopeful for more golds!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well yeah they just looked so different I assumed it was like a issue where they just hadn't separated the animals or anything.. kinda like the T albos having the Nicaraguan and the hobby forms, I am hopeful for more golds!
Albo- sane species different localities

One “day” it was only albo, the I hear hobby form once Nic’s arrived on the scene. That’s fishy if you ask me.