N incei bred female with weird growth

Marek

Arachnopeon
My incei female paired 33 days ago 😞
She didn't lay an eggsac and now this...
She's got white spot on a bump
Seems to me like the eggs are stuck idk tho
Looking for more info

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Never seen anything quite like that. It looks like it may have had a bad, but not catastrophic molt that left an area unprotected, or less protected...and now the swelling of the eggs is causing a problem....nothing you can do but monitor the situation. Good luck, it doesn't look promising though.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Definitely one of the risks that you take when you breed spiders, or keep them obese - that their exoskeleton could have weak spots that are not obvious at the smaller sizes. There isn't anything that you can do at this point except watch and wait and hope it doesn't get worse. Also, I would not attempt to breed her again.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
This is actually a 50/50 chance of whether she'll make it or not. Usually, from what I saw/know from other breeders who had a situation like this, it usually it happens when people breed undersized/smaller specimens which causes a balloon or severe inflation (due to eggs) which in return causes a up-swelling on the weaker areas of the abdomen. There may be other reasons like what everyone else already stated, but this is one I can think of right off the bat. This is one of the reasons why I never breed under-sized females. I wish you luck and hope that she lays or drops the eggs to help her out.

Marek

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for help...
It sucks but I'm hoping she makes it.
She's one of 3 females that I bought on 13th of September. (paired on 18.09).
She is the biggest adult female compared to the other two females and compared to males. IMG_20200919_204149.jpg
Here's a photo I found of her abdomen. It's blurry but the only one I got of her abdomen. Compared to her past photos from different angles she most definitely didn't have any growth on abdomen . (angle in this photo makes her abdomen look huge)

I was wondering is there any chance that this is because she was possibly paired again? As in the seller told me she was possibly paired. And she was possibly paired with already carried eggs that were developing?
Just a crazy thought that popped in my head.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Very strange haven't seen anything like that before... Interested in keeping up with how it goes.