N. Coloratovilosus eggsac

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Hello guys. Its my 2nd time to breed this specie but this is the first time I think I did something terribly wrong. I just want to seek some advise from you guys. My female laid a sac last jan 5, 2011. I accidentally disturbed the female's enclosure while I was feeding and cleaning my T shelves. The female became to agitated to the point that she was climbing on the wood decoration with the egg sac with her. For almost two hours she was very restless, carrying the egg sac with her. I just decided to take away the egg sac and artificially incubate it. My question is, since half of the eggs are still undevelop and some have legs already, would the early pullout of the sac affects the development and success rate of the whole egg sac? I mean im not use to pulling the sac this early. In my first experience, I pulled the sac at around 27-30 days... Can anyone give me an advise coz I dont want that this egg sac would just be a waste due to my negligence... Thanks in advance...

Mike

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have yet to have a female lay a sac... but I am trying to work my head around your situation. You have opened the sac, and see that half are eggs-with-legs, and half are not? They logically should all develop close to the same time frame - ie within a day or so. I would hazard that if the eggs don't advance in a short period of time, they will need to be separated from the EWLs.

My understanding is that rotten/spoiled eggs... undeveloped for whatever reason... will rapidly begin to spoil the others near them as well. To me this says that separating a possible hazard may save the rest of the sacmates.

I am sure an experienced breeder will be able to shed more light on the situation.

Good luck and keep us informed!

Marga

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
So far so good. I could say 60% have legs. I hope things would turn out well. My first experience with this specie, the mom had the eggsac for 27 days at least so when I opened it before, more eggs have legs already and you can really see the bad and the good ones. Plus, the weather that tym was entering spring whereas now NY has been having some weather issues every week and im afraid of my heat being insufficient or if I increase it, im afraid I might over heat the whole T shelves.... But lets see. Im still optimistic. Ill just charge this to experience. Lol...

Mike

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you should be ok. I pulled an avic sack that was all eggs still and the next day they all hatched into eggs with legs. Just make sure they don't dry out and stick together.