N. chromatus sling is defective

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
This little bugger refuses to grow. Thought nhandus were typically fast growers, I guess this one just wants to be a rebel. I received this one and a B. albo sling at around the same time and each were 1/4", Now the B. albo is nearly compared to the chromatus :shifty::shifty:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
This little bugger refuses to grow. Thought nhandus were typically fast growers, I guess this one just wants to be a rebel. I received this one and a B. albo sling at around the same time and each were 1/4", Now the B. albo is nearly compared to the chromatus :shifty::shifty:
Ah my N. tripepii is the same :shifty: I have Ts that were smaller than her when I got them that are now double her size. And all she does is dig and position herself in awkward ways that give me mini heart attacks and make me think she's dead.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
my Nhandu chromatus is also refusing to molt. pretty little 3" pain in the butt.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
My little one is the same thing ,,,, stubborn little begger

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My N. tripepii sling has been a great eater...until it's full. Then it sits for a long time without molting or moving from the hide. I expect my L. klugi to pass and outpace it shortly.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Mine has moulted roughly every 30-40 days, got it in August as a 1cm sling, it's moulted 5 times and is about 2" now.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My N. tripepii sling has been a great eater...until it's full. Then it sits for a long time without molting or moving from the hide. I expect my L. klugi to pass and outpace it shortly.
Yeah mine is the same - took down prey with a passion, dragging them into her little burrow kicking and screaming. I thought she was going to be a little death machine but nope now that she's full she's completely useless

Jeff23

Arachnolord
This is the genus that I want to get in the near future. After seeing the pictures of N. chromatus I am willing to deal with the hairs. And as long as it can outpace my E. Sp. Red and Aphonopelma slings on growth (which will mature sometime near the end of the next decade) I would be happy. N. tripepii are also nice looking T's. I need a bigger home and the lottery.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
This is the genus that I want to get in the near future. After seeing the pictures of N. chromatus I am willing to deal with the hairs. And as long as it can outpace my E. Sp. Red and Aphonopelma slings on growth (which will mature sometime near the end of the next decade) I would be happy. N. tripepii are also nice looking T's. I need a bigger home and the lottery.
I love N. chromatus and very nearly got one but went with A. geniculata instead. When I got the tripepii I wanted to pick up the whole Nhandu genus but with the speed she's growing I'm glad I didn't. They are stunning though. I'll be curious to see how my tripepii and geniculata vary with attitude and feeding response as they both grow. It's possible I'll pick up a chromatus someday still but right now the geniculata is winning the favorites game

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
Got a 1/4" N. carapoensis over a year ago and it's barely an inch...my Grammostola slings are growing faster than this guy.