N. carapeonsis vs. G. rosea

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I purchased a batch of N. carapoensis spiderlings and found out there were some G. rosea spiderlings mixed in the lot. Not a whole bunch, but some.
Anyway, when I got all the spiderlings they were between .5 and .75 inch. Now, they are all approaching 1 - 1.25 inch and I was hoping to seperate the G. rosea from the N. carapoensis.
Does anyone have any idea what I might use as a definite identifier to tell them apart at that size? Does anyone have any pics of small spiderlings that I can compare them to?
To be honest, I think they are all N. carapoensis, but the guy at the store I got them said there were some G. rosea, so it is possible. I've got 67 of them, so I would rather they all be N. carapoensis.
Any ideas or pics would be greatly appreciated.
Ralph

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you arent in a big hurry... you can just wait a couple of months. G. Rosea grow slower than N. Carapoensis so you can tell by size.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ditto what Chris said...in fact I'd think you could already tell. I've raised G. rosea from emergance to adulthood and their growth rate is pretty glacial compared with almost any species I've worked with.

Wade

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Ah, good. I was getting worried that my G.rosea s'lings were developmentaly delayed. :) All the other s'lings I've had grew much faster.

Cheers,
Dave