Mystery T's

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They arrived today. I now have no doubt about the identity of two of the four mystery slings I received. I was surprised they didn't come with enclosures this time. Guess I didn't read the fine print thoroughly enough while I was puzzling over the clues. Thankfully I had plenty of small containers all prepared. Cut myself a little while making tiny cork bark hides yesterday, and my 5-year-old son was very concerned. He was certain I should go see a doctor, lol.

All seven of my slings were happy, healthy and active. The Pamphobeteus sp. Mascara was definitely the calmest unboxing I've ever done. Little thing slowly strolled out of the paper towel and stood near the hide I put in the enclosure. So pretty, and just days after my Pamphobeteus sp. Machala molted out of her pretty sling colors. Can't wait to see if I'm right about all of the mystery spiders. So excited. It's like I get two Christmases this year :rofl:

Hope you guys all had similar success with your unboxing.

narwhalica

Arachnopeon
They arrived today. I now have no doubt about the identity of two of the four mystery slings I received. I was surprised they didn't come with enclosures this time. Guess I didn't read the fine print thoroughly enough while I was puzzling over the clues. Thankfully I had plenty of small containers all prepared. Cut myself a little while making tiny cork bark hides yesterday, and my 5-year-old son was very concerned. He was certain I should go see a doctor, lol.

All seven of my slings were happy, healthy and active. The Pamphobeteus sp. Mascara was definitely the calmest unboxing I've ever done. Little thing slowly strolled out of the paper towel and stood near the hide I put in the enclosure. So pretty, and just days after my Pamphobeteus sp. Machala molted out of her pretty sling colors. Can't wait to see if I'm right about all of the mystery spiders. So excited. It's like I get two Christmases this year :rofl:

Hope you guys all had similar success with your unboxing.
I know! I bought them expecting to also have enclosures with them because I didn't have any extras ready (outside of what I was already expecting) until the last minute when I started going through my Tupperware and burning ventilation holes the night before delivery when I found out they weren't going to have them this round! XD

I know, I'm super excited about the reveal. I can't wait for them to announce it!

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I know! I bought them expecting to also have enclosures with them because I didn't have any extras ready (outside of what I was already expecting) until the last minute when I started going through my Tupperware and burning ventilation holes the night before delivery when I found out they weren't going to have them this round! XD

I know, I'm super excited about the reveal. I can't wait for them to announce it!
I got a bunch of enclosures ready because I didn't see anywhere on the site saying they were shipped with enclosures. Pedro's roar from space has gotta be cyriocosmus leetzi. I thought wishfully Tanya's would be Aphonopelma moorae, but I think it is Bonnetina Cyaneifemur. Both so tiny.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I've gotten their mystery Ts a few times in the past. I was really hopeful once that I had guessed one as H chilensis and then ended up with a Bumba cabocla *fart noises*, but I get some awesome freebies from FNT so nbd.

I added 3 to my order that I knew had to be OBTs but it was for a friend so we could save on shipping. I was correct on that one.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I've gotten their mystery Ts a few times in the past. I was really hopeful once that I had guessed one as H chilensis and then ended up with a Bumba cabocla *fart noises*, but I get some awesome freebies from FNT so nbd.

I added 3 to my order that I knew had to be OBTs but it was for a friend so we could save on shipping. I was correct on that one.
Dang. Bumba caboclas are cool too. I've only come across one H chillensis for sale and it it was 175 for a sling

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Dang. Bumba caboclas are cool too. I've only come across one H chillensis for sale and it it was 175 for a sling
Honestly, from what I've seen, that's a median price. However, FNT briefly had them for $70 or so around July last year. You won't see that price again any time soon, I think.

They are difficult to breed, and I think most of the US breeders who are trying are really struggling.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Good luck hope you get a bunch of cool Ts.. I can see the appeal for some, as for me though, I'm very particular.. If I could hand pick slings from breeders online, I would.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Honestly, from what I've seen, that's a median price. However, FNT briefly had them for $70 or so around July last year. You won't see that price again any time soon, I think.

They are difficult to breed, and I think most of the US breeders who are trying are really struggling.
I think a big part of it is also how slow they grow. I feel like we're probably waiting for a bunch of males to mature which could take some years. It's wild seeing them listed for $18 3 or 4 years ago. I hope that happens again

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I think a big part of it is also how slow they grow. I feel like we're probably waiting for a bunch of males to mature which could take some years. It's wild seeing them listed for $18 3 or 4 years ago. I hope that happens again
Loads of males have matured in the last year - my friend had two! At least three sacs that I know of were laid and then eaten by the females, and one girl I know of who was bred to two different males and never produced a sac. It's not so much the availability of males that's the issue as it is these ladies need specific conditions to produce and then love to chomp on a sac, imo.

In any case, sorry for being off topic! I've heard of other awesome Mystery Ts, I just never scored any. I heard the Palp Friction boxes are amazing.

The FNT ones are relatively easy to guess.

Last edited:

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On that note, does anyone know much about Bonnetina minax? FNT doesn't have much information about them. What does the adult size look like, average lifespan for females & males, do males get tibial hooks, basic things like that would be good to know as time goes on. Searched here on AB, but I mostly found a bunch of classifieds and wish lists rather than actual information.