Mystery Tarantulas - Give it all ya got ! I think it's Hysterocrates ...

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
These three specimens came from the Niger delta.

They're HUGE - note leg IV - note the gold bands at the femurs - and the HUGE carapaces - note the oblong abdomen.

They dig like you wouldn't believe - ....put them in an enclosure full of dirt and they start digging almost immediately.

(WC INSTINCT)

They were several feet down when they were originally caught. I want to say Hytserocrates -

I have a feeling that the largest female is still nowhere near full size.

Below I will immediately attach Specimen #1 the largest female

Attachments

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Pics of Specimen #1 (Took Today)

These are pics of specimen #1

She is largest of the three

DSC_0013.jpg DSC_0014.jpg DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0017.jpg DSC_0018.jpg

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
season might be off, but feed them well and see if they molt or drop an eggsac. if you do get an eggsac keep a breeding group yourself or with select hobbyist.

if they molt find Richard Gallon through UK board and send him the samples.

i have done that years ago but i have given up on the genus however Mr. Gallon will work on them eventually and im sure he would appreciate samples.

not sure if Phoneyusa have those 'bumps' on chelicerae but if you had noticed them all Hysterocrates hobby or WC had those bumps all over the front part of chelicerae.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not sure if Phoneyusa have those 'bumps' on chelicerae but if you had noticed them all Hysterocrates hobby or WC had those bumps all over the front part of chelicerae.
Hi EDED, what bumps on the chelicerae are you refering to? I'm looking at some Hysterocrates pics and not seeing what you mean

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi EDED, what bumps on the chelicerae are you refering to? I'm looking at some Hysterocrates pics and not seeing what you mean
I think he's referring to the stridulatory organs ;]
-Chris

LemonVenom

Arachnopeon
Wow nice spiders man ! :D Did you catch these? Or did you get these beautiful T's from someone else who caught them?

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
They're wild caught - but fairly relaxed ...infact you can cup one and put it into another enclosure without stressing it too much

and infact, they'll eat 24/hours a day. whether you harass them or not - they have t blondi like movements and attitudes

The largest one is 8" inches (Specimen #1) - however I will post pictures of the LARGE ones on Sunday once I get them moved in.

Apparently they have been too scared to cup any of the LARGE specimens - I have a picture that was sent to me from a camera phone and it looks HUGE.

I think they're closer to dinner plate size and I think they may possibly rival the T. blondi in size -

I still don't know what they are and now I have several people giving me reason to believe they are not Hysterocrates

Exciting !

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WHATEVER THAT IS, its BEAUTIFUL... right up my alley.. i love how stocky they are.. it looks menacing. i would love to have one in my collection so whatever they are PAIR THEM and keep us posted.

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They're wild caught - but fairly relaxed ...infact you can cup one and put it into another enclosure without stressing it too much

and infact, they'll eat 24/hours a day. whether you harass them or not - they have t blondi like movements and attitudes

The largest one is 8" inches (Specimen #1) - however I will post pictures of the LARGE ones on Sunday once I get them moved in.

Apparently they have been too scared to cup any of the LARGE specimens - I have a picture that was sent to me from a camera phone and it looks HUGE.

I think they're closer to dinner plate size and I think they may possibly rival the T. blondi in size -

I still don't know what they are and now I have several people giving me reason to believe they are not Hysterocrates

Exciting !
+1 EXCITING
I would love to purchase a few!
I could use these to protect my house against any theifs. I can weight lift with them when I go to the gym. I can eat 24/hours a day.lol

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
I got a few more in recently, I havent been able to do anything other than giving them an assload of dirt.

They are so amazing when it comes to getting work done. I'll post some pictures soon enough

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got a few more in recently, I havent been able to do anything other than giving them an assload of dirt.

They are so amazing when it comes to getting work done. I'll post some pictures soon enough
Stop making me drool and post the pictures already! :D