mystery T

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok here it is it was sent to the store on accident but the container said stripe knee. I don't think its A. seemani. to light colored

Attachments

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Is it possible it's an E. Campestratus? I was sold one about that size marked as a "stripe-knee" - but i'm about 90% sure it's a PZB.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no im pretty sure its not a pzb. and by the way its underside is a bright blonde almost orange I don't know if this helps by hey what the heck

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does it's underside look like this? The picture's a few months old, and its probably not a very good way to hold the spider, but it works. It's the underside of an A. seemanni.

Last edited:

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aphonopelma burica. Treat it like a curlyhair. It's an Aphonopelma species from Costa Rica.

How much did you have to pay for it? If you didn't pay much, it was a steal!

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got it for free. what makes you think thats what it is?? it was sent to the store on accident and wasn't on the invoice so it was free

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A good way to see if you have a Lasiodorides striatus or Aphonopelma seemani is to check the color or the spinnerets. I own both of these species. My L. striatus Ari has black spinnerets while my A. seemani Shiva has orange ones.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just did a seach on Aphonopelma barica and your right it looks a lot more like that than an A Seemani. so how much do these normally run?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These get mixed up with A. seemani and come in shipments with other central american species. True A. seemanis are dark in coloration. Some of the "light forms" are actually A. burica, which go for around $60. The A. burica species has less striping on the knees and overall. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong. Lately, I've seen many that have been coming in as A. seemani light form, when actually they are A. burica.

Cheers,

Paul