Mystery T, What is it?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I picked this up at Petco today, it was simply named "Tiger rump." clearly not a C. fasciatum. I have no idea what it is. I suspected Neostenotarsus, no clue though. Any guesses?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's either Paraphysa sp, or Euathlus sp... The mirror patch and the red patch around the pedicel are dead give-aways.

I'm wanting to lean towards Paraphysa sp., though.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah I was also thinking Paraphysa or Euathlus, but the only thing I found that was even remotely similar was Neostenotarsus :?

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Paraphysa sp "Chilean Tiger"

I have a number myself. Great little dwarf species.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
There is very little info on them but from what I understand they max out at around 2.5 inches which makes sense since one of ours just molted with no change her size. We have another five Paraphysa dwarf species what are all around the same size.

Here is one of ours P. sp. "Chilean Tiger"

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Sheesh, did they feed it a racoon!? That's one well fed and bulbous butt!

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Lol yea I was thinking that myself. Probably a result of standard pet store feeding regimes. Way too many or way too few. That little lady was clearly fed by a generous employee.

You will find that it is a very friendly T. All of our Paraphysa and Euthalus Dwarfs are super chill but like to move around a lot. IMO a great handling species.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol yea I was thinking that myself. Probably a result of standard pet store feeding regimes. Way too many or way too few. That little lady was clearly fed by a generous employee.

You will find that it is a very friendly T. All of our Paraphysa and Euthalus Dwarfs are super chill but like to move around a lot. IMO a great handling species.
They actually had just got in and fed it one cricket, I snatched it up two days after it came in, and they were closed one of the days, so the supplier had overfed it.
yeah really looks gravid
I had originally thought this also, but it's only ~2", so I don't think it's fully grown.

In the 3rd pic it almost looks like a hint of premolt.
Maybe, it just ate two days ago though, so IDK

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
They are hard to tell if they are in premolt because they always have a mirror patch on their abdomen.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is a good chance it is gravid. The one I got dropped a sac after only a week or so.

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
Certainly a possibility. They are nearly all wild caught at this point so she certainly could have come in gravid.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's between 2.25" and 2.5", but it's SO small. Is it fully grown?
I'm just wondering...do you actually read other people's posts?

What about your measuring technique?

I had originally thought this also, but it's only ~2", so I don't think it's fully grown.
Paraphysa sp "Chilean Tiger"

I have a number myself. Great little dwarf species.
There is very little info on them but from what I understand they max out at around 2.5 inches which makes sense since one of ours just molted with no change her size. We have another five Paraphysa dwarf species what are all around the same size.
So, in case you missed it, yes, that spider of yours is most likely fully grown, or at least at a breedable size.

I would venture to say it's potentially gravid as well. Good luck.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh crap. I read over the size part. Anyway, yeah I knew it was a dwarf. Sorry I missed it. So what conditions will it need to drop a sac, in case it is gravid. Right now I just have it in a KK with some dry coconut fiber and a little flower pot hide. Will this be good?

Sorry for asking so much. This is my first dwarf, and (if it is gravid) my first gravid T.

Thanks for all the help.