Mystery sling?

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I received this little one as a freebie, but I'm not sure what it is!

The vial was marked B a, so I'm thinking Brachypelma albopilosum...any thoughts? I realize it's hard to ID slings, but I just wanted to make sure it could be what I think it is.

(And yes, I've e-mailed the dealer, but I haven't gotten a response yet).

Stoneleaf

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty new to the hobby but I have a B albopilosum sling and my guess is that's what you got as well, you'll love it.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
with the abdominal hairs it does look like a B albo to me but mines only like 1/2 inch so i'm not 100%

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yepp looks like a curly to me.. i just got a p. reg and received one as a freebie too, and its TINY.. size of my pinkie nail .. my ? is, r these lil guys burrowers mostly . i ask because out of the month i had it, ive seen it like 4 times .. its buried itself to the bottom of the vial . its molted once i know that for sure, so y still hide.. this and my p. reg are my first 2 "slings"

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool! Thanks, guys. Not a species I was planning on getting, but it's a pretty cute sling and I'm looking forward to watching it grow (which will probably take a while, haha).

Grayzone -- mine is pretty into burrowing, too, but it dug along the side of the vial I can still see it. I think it might have molted in transit, because I found pieces of exuvium in there when I first opened the vial. For a moment, I was scared that one of its legs had broken off.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Out of curiosity: just how bad are the urticating hairs, anyway? I have no reaction whatsoever to my smithi or any of my Grammostola species, but I hear these guys might be particularly itchy.

Rue

Arachnoknight
I agree with Big Dragonfly...always best to be certain...

It's adorable though! :D