Mystery Pokie ?

Timc

Arachnosquire
Asking to identify a pokie with no dorsal or ventral pictures; that's a bold strategy, cotton, let's see how that works out.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Need better pictures, all we can do is guess with those...

What makes you say that?
the orange coloring near the bottom of the legs. P ornata was the last Pokie ive raised in a while, i remember my subfusca highland being similar as well though, so i very well may be wrong. its been too long since ive raised a bunch of pokies at once. ;)
@kmhvmh i have a pic of a ornata sling on my instagram, you can try to compare.

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
he said it was labeled "Poecilotheria S" and I know it's not the best pic, like I said it doesn't come out much. I snapped that one and it ran away into it's dirt curtain. so when I get a better pic I'll post it

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Carapace pics would sort this out
No it wouldn't.

OP: If you can at least get a dorsal pic, I can tell you which species it is not. You will probably have to wait for it to get bigger to check the leg patterns to accurately determine the species.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Carapace pics would sort this out
However at that size itd probably be pretty hard.

Op let that thing molt a few times and get some carapace and ventral photos. The leg banding can be tough but its accurate

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I have raised several poec species from slings very recently. With a better pic I can make a guess but a good vent shot when it is an adult is what I'd wait for to determine the species because you can identify by the patterns on legs IMO. Here's a pic of my P. ornata as a sling if you want to compare

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bought a mystery Pokie sling/juvie from a guy. It was a mix up when he got a large bulk order from his distributor. This is the best pic I could get as its been burrowed since I put it in here. any thoughts? I do see red hairs.
You can ID Pokis by looking at their ventral leg patterns, dorsal is not the way to go, unless it's blue!:D