myrmecia nigrocincta not eating

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
my myrmecia nigrocincta queen has two eggs and a big larvae. the larvae is pure white now, like it has no food in it, so i dropped in a cricket. she killed it and just left it, so i tried again the next day. the same thing happened, and has been for 4-5 days now. does anybody know why this is happening? I don't think the larvae is ready to pupate, it looks too small.

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
my myrmecia nigrocincta queen has two eggs and a big larvae. the larvae is pure white now, like it has no food in it, so i dropped in a cricket. she killed it and just left it, so i tried again the next day. the same thing happened, and has been for 4-5 days now. does anybody know why this is happening? I don't think the larvae is ready to pupate, it looks too small.
An opaque pupae generally signifies pupation. Try different prey items, like roaches or FFs.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
you should join formiculture.com, the whole forum is basically for ants. you will most likely get more help there ;)