Mycosis?

Stugy

Arachnolord
IMG_0302.JPG IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0304.JPG I got a female Hadrurus (arizonensis?) in December and a day after getting her I noticed white splotches on her tail. For some idiot reason I hadn't done anything about it until now. I have kept her enclosure practically bone dry and she gets 98% of her water from her food (though I am planning to add a water dish). The following pictures were taken just a few minutes ago as I am currently conducting a rehouse (more like remodel though). The deli cup is NOT her real enclosure. Btw this is uploaded through my phone so please don't mind if the pictures end up being on the top as at this point I have no idea where they are going to end up.

First picture: Note the black leg.
Second picture: white splotches on the back of the tail behind stinger.
Third picture: more white spots on tail.

Again: I BOUGHT HER LIKE THIS. I did not see the spots through the deli cup she was in before I purchased her. Any help is welcomed!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Easy enough to test. Do as standard lab procedure. Take a toothpick. Grab a tube of any broad spectrum fungicide. Get a minute amount on the toothpick and dab one small spot of one white ring. Observe for 48 hours. If the place you dabbed is different and somewhat larger, it's a fungus.

Note, it may very well be feces, on which the fungi is growing. Fungi is a natural part of their lives. Most will pass through the digestive system as spores, ready to grow when the environment is conducive.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Thanks. Good learning experience as always. I'm not sure if I have any fungicides at this moment and if not will probably stop at a store tomorrow to get some. And what is a minute amount?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I Just received 2 male c gracilis in the mail a few days ago and both of them had poop on there backs and tail tips. Probably because they're tails are so much long and curled up in shipping it smeared on them