Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Mycosis Research

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Zoidberg123, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Zoidberg123

Zoidberg123 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi guys & girls,

I've been a member on the scorp forum for few years now & therefore have used this site many times in the past as the two seem to go hand in hand quite nicely.

Anyway I am doing a research qualification at the moment to help me get into uni & I have decided to investigate mycosis, particularly on scorps.
    I knew that by chosing a subject such as this one that I was so interested in from the very moment I joined the forum a few years ago, I could return to the place where the passion for my future career in veterinary medicine started.

I am therefore here to ask you all if you would be happy to spare me any info or pics that you have regarding mycosis on scorps, so that I can work on trying to analyse the links associated with it & potentially solving this recurring problem for many scorp owners all around the world.

Please help me out if you can, as it would be greatly appreciated :)

Either through PM or links on this site or by email : binksy12@hotmail.com

Thank you

PS. All findings will of course be posted on here afterwards along with my instar chart for emps

2. signinsimple

signinsimple Arachnobaron

NYC
    Interesting subject, but I've never understood what the big deal with mycosis is. It's just a fungal infection. And for me, it's only been an issue if it's been untreated for ages and the scorp starts to loose limbs. Aside from that, when you see some mycosis, you toss some antifungal cream on the infected spot for a few days or so and it goes away. Maybe I've just been lucky. I wonder. Has anyone else ever tried antifungal cream on their scorp (I used the generic duane reade kind on an H. spadix to save it's claw and one of it's legs and a few regualr dessert hairys)?

3. Zoidberg123

Zoidberg123 Arachnopeon

that's interesting....

Will defo investigate further into that. What exact cream do you use by the way?

Cheers

4. Roblicious

Roblicious Arachnodemon

my haddy has it in multiple spots (came with it when I bought him), and lost one of his legs recently :/

what kind of cream is this? I will give it a shot

5. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

I believe Santana 2010 published something about fungae/ bacteria on T.serrulatus....If you can't find this paper, shoot me e-mail at: cozijn.jankie@casema.nl

I have only this paper, but like others, it has a reference list, so it gives you something to further investigate.

6. Zoidberg123

Zoidberg123 Arachnopeon

Please guys & gals,

I need some more (anything will do, just something for me to base my theories on - info/pics etc)

Cheers

7. Zoidberg123

Zoidberg123 Arachnopeon

bumpety boo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.