Mycosis or bit of dirt

centipede boy

Arachnopeon
I have my centipede on a mix of coconut fiber, moss and some other stuff. How do I know if that little black thing on its leg is a bit of substrate or mycosis. I don’t see my centipede to often so I can’t really remember where I see every little black spot on it for next time. I have no real reason to believe my centipede has mycosis, I would like to be able to know if it does, ya know just in case.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I have my centipede on a mix of coconut fiber, moss and some other stuff. How do I know if that little black thing on its leg is a bit of substrate or mycosis. I don’t see my centipede to often so I can’t really remember where I see every little black spot on it for next time. I have no real reason to believe my centipede has mycosis, I would like to be able to know if it does, ya know just in case.
Can't really help ya if you don't post any pics! :)

centipede boy

Arachnopeon
Can't really help ya if you don't post any pics! :)
It’s not really a specific situation its more just how do you tell in general, for future reference because I’m new to this and keep hearing about mycosis horror stories. Sometimes people post pictures and I’m just like “heh, just looks like a speck of dirt” ya know. I want to be able to check for this when my centipede is out but I don’t think I fully understand what to look for.