Mycosis on AGB

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I have seen a few others talking about a fungus on their AGBs. I just noticed a little white (I think fungus) on my largest female. She is 12"+. It was at her telson and up about 5 segments. I searched this forum and elsewhere for info and not really seeing it, although it seems to happen relatively often with mature+ AGBs.

If this is an "age" indicator, that she is near the end of her life, should I quarantine her? Is this contagious? There aren't any stress factors. Temps have been 72+.

Their enclosure is relatively humid with damp soil. Is fungus connected to high humidity? I have read conflicting statements

I have treated her using a paintbrush and 1% clotrimazole just on the affected areas. She is active, eating and seeming pretty normal. I have pedelings in that enclosure, so I will quarantine if necessary.

Do any of you have experience with this or want to expound anything you have heard? Thanks in advance.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Still hoping someone weighs in on this. But this morning when I checked, the fungus seems to have been reduced. All are eating and active.

I have also increased the temp from 72 to 77.

One reference suggested treatment at seven day intervals. I am sure the life cycle of fungi is quicker, so I will try three days. Unless someone suggests otherwise.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can't really say here because I don't have experience with millipedes and fungus, but I'd probably quarantine the adult for the time being just to be safe. If she's eating and active though that's a good sign.