Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

Prrum16

Arachnopeon
Beautiful specimens ... Make sure u feed that female a bunch before breeding or that pretty looking male will be lunch for her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If they should breed and babies go full term, would anyone want one? Even if they were free? I hesitate to even put them together because of how many homeless rosies are out there...

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's the only thing keeping me from breeding my girl. If I had enough money to pay shipping, I would take a few. That would be a while though.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
If they should breed and babies go full term, would anyone want one? Even if they were free? I hesitate to even put them together because of how many homeless rosies are out there...
Absolutely! I know people that would buy them or take them. Go for it! :)

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
A nice feeding pic of my MM G. porteri, Clyde, enjoying his firs dubia nymph. (Turns out Timothy Tarantula is actually a G. porteri, as is this guy)

image.jpg

Here's his leading lady, MF G. porteri, Bonnie

image.jpg

Here's Timothy Tarantula at about 1 week post molt, couldn't get a good top pic of him since he's wired for sound since he molted! But this gives his size now, at just about exactly 1" DLS:

image.jpg

Thx for looking. :)

Enn49

Arachnosquire
This is one of my son's Ts.

A bit of a workout

Then a quick drink

And a pose for my fans.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That looks like a very tall tank with an arboreal setup. If it climbs to the top and falls, it will most likely be fatal. I would change the tank into something a whole lot lower to the ground to make it safer.

Enn49

Arachnosquire
That looks like a very tall tank with an arboreal setup. If it climbs to the top and falls, it will most likely be fatal. I would change the tank into something a whole lot lower to the ground to make it safer.
It's actually only about twice the dls but when I move it there will be less headroom in the new tank.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Technically, this is a Grammostola sp. "northern gold". They are being sold as G. rosea, but are probably a different species. I didn't know the difference and almost made hybrid babies.
Beautiful spider!

RosyDax

Arachnopeon
Got a pair of FREE mature G rosea today. Haven't had a rosie in years, they were free, and the male is GORGEOUS, so I thought, "eh, why not?" Just wanted to show off this bad boy. ;)

They're in temp set-ups since I wasn't expecting them.

Here's his lucky lady:

My male (I'm assuming) Rosie just molted a few days ago, and looks identical! I never imagined he could be that beautiful

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
I just want to show off my spider. It's my first one, I'm insanely excited about it, and I think it's really cute!

I did some research, settled on this species, and started to browse around to buy one. Then last weekend my bf surprised me by buying this little thing for me!
Apparently the shop acquired it in March, so it's still quite young and small, but I'm excited to watch it grow up!
I think it might be female, but it's hard to tell and I'm a noob.
It doesn't really have a name (yet) but I've been calling it Buddy.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I thought from your name you were Icelandic, but you're from japan :).
Is the T hobby big over there?
Congrats on your first Theraphosidae!:)

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
I thought from your name you were Icelandic, but you're from japan :).
Is the T hobby big over there?
Congrats on your first Theraphosidae!:)
Haha, not Icelandic; just a huge Saga nerd! I'm Canadian actually; I just live here!
I don't think so. I haven't met anyone else here who has one. It was kind of a nightmare to find a place that sells these guys. People here are obsessed with 'cute' things and huge spiders don't fall in that category for most people haha!
Thank you so much for the welcome! I'm happy to be starting in this hobby, finally! :D

Andrea B

Arachnopeon
This is my boyfriend's grammastola rosea. We aren't sure how old she is. He doesn't think she's really grown much at all since he's had her and she was a mature female when he got her he believes. He's had her 20 years. Show this old lady some love. :) (I know many tarantula species are long lived, but it still amazes me.)

And yes, that is a cricket peaking out from under her. Lol. It was feeding day and she won't touch the crickets till we leave her alone. She's a weirdo.
20171014_161906.jpg

maggiefiasco

Arachnosquire
So in the tank with my G. rosea named "Valentina", I have a few decorations for her. She's got an old creepy cemetary style gate from Nightmare before Christmas, a couple crystal/gemstone skulls, random pieces of bark... and then this little Ganesha statue.

We joke that Ganesha is Val's best friend and they "hang out" together.

Well, no joke, I came into my room to find her like this the other day. It reminds me of the Creation of Adam, she's making contact with her BFF Ganesha :) Thought you guys might appreciate this, I know none of my spider hating friends think this is nearly as amusing as I do!