My widows

michal1991

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will post pics of my widows in this topic. I don't have so much now, but when I get any new I will post pics there.

Latrodectus menavodi immature male

Latrodectus menavodi immature female

Latrodectus sp. Laos immature female

Latrodectus sp. Laos sling

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How often do you water or mist these guys? What and how often do you feed them? I feed mine small fruit flies, and mist them weekly. I am starting to think that I may be over misting them.

michal1991

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I water them twice a week and feed them fruit flies or small N.cinerea.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish menavodi would just stay that way...even if they only grew to that size. They are probably the strangest looking of all juv widows.

michal1991

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Latrodectus menavodi immature female

Latrodectus sp. Laos immature female

Not widows ;) byt not tarantulas also.
Sicarius terrosus females

Gorgyrella sp. female

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As a new widow keeper all I can say about the widow pics is WOW !!!!! They are beautiful.

I have 2 female L. hesperus. I have noticed an interesting behavior I would like some comments on. They use their first two pairs of legs as if they are looking for something. They outstretch them all of the way and frantically move about tapping them madly. Does anyone know what they are doing?

Thanks,

Tom

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
As a new widow keeper all I can say about the widow pics is WOW !!!!! They are beautiful.

I have 2 female L. hesperus. I have noticed an interesting behavior I would like some comments on. They use their first two pairs of legs as if they are looking for something. They outstretch them all of the way and frantically move about tapping them madly. Does anyone know what they are doing?

Thanks,

Tom
Short answer.
Feeling for vibrations in the web, so they know which way to go to get lunch. They like most other arachnids have very poor eyesight. That's how they hunt.

michal1991

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Update.
Short history about menavodi family :)
One day, this female...

...met this beautiful male, and...

... that's the result:

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lookin' good! For me, they are proving to be one of my fav flavors. Lots a spunk and never too shy! ;) :D Still think the males are the most amazing looking of all Latro males (well, so far from what Ive seen).