My Widow's No Drag Queen!

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I was rehousing my adult female revivensis, because she had just created a sort of web bundle around the sticks in her jar. With no trip lines, she wasn't able to catch anything unless I held it for her or really pushed it into the web.

I think I'm through with jars for adults, so I setup a nice clear box for her.

She was Hanging over her new enclosure on the brush and I saw her attach a drag line, and let go. Instead of gracefully dropping down, she plummeted with an ignoble plunk to the bottom. It happened again as she was trying to web her new home.

The next morning I found her perched up high with almost no webbing in the enclosure, and she hasn't moved since.

At first, I thought maybe she was just too fat and heavy for her line, but I touched some of what little webbing I could find, and couldn't feel any resistance at all. It was not at all like the typical super strong widow thread.

Weird... :?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is she getting old? I have a few different girls (different species) that are in their dying days. Sometimes they cant produce webbing even to wrap up prey.

Not much you can do.
Try giving her water. Transfer her to another widows jar that has a good amount of webbing. (trade apartments so to speak)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is she getting old? I have a few different girls (different species) that are in their dying days. Sometimes they cant produce webbing even to wrap up prey.

Not much you can do.
Try giving her water. Transfer her to another widows jar that has a good amount of webbing. (trade apartments so to speak)
Old age is what I suspected. You'd know, if you remember (I know you have a lot of spiders), she's the one you sent me.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Old age is what I suspected. You'd know, if you remember (I know you have a lot of spiders), she's the one you sent me.
hmmm.. only a few of my first gen have died. Do you have her line ID on record? (marked on her original cup)

Try cooling her down. Ive been putting some outside at night. I also put a group of pal slings that have refused to eat in the fridge today and when they warmed up I fed them and at least 50% finally went after prey.