My Whip babies

Edd Eskimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats! Look at Their little legs they like small little noodles:D Good luck on the new Babes;)

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
crazy looking, They look great, I have never seen them in first or secound instar before. congrats on the brood

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is really fantastic. Have you ever done this before? If so, how long have you left the mother with the others in the tank, and how much eating of the young has occurred by other ampys in the tank?

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This is really fantastic. Have you ever done this before? If so, how long have you left the mother with the others in the tank, and how much eating of the young has occurred by other ampys in the tank?
They are only with the male and female (mother and father) I will remove them at 3rd molt.So far mom and dad have not eaten any of them and It has been my experience that mom won't eat them till they get larger larger.

Last edited:

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing. I hope to breed mine. Those babies are just the coolest.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One remark: you talk about instars in these animals. There is praenymph, protonymph, deutonymph, tritonymph, adults no instars. That's with scorpions.

Last edited:

Deroplatys

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Any idea how long it takes after mating for the female to show eggs?

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Any idea how long it takes after mating for the female to show eggs?
OK Here is the rundown my female showed eggs (internally under abdomen)I introduced the male .He left a sperm stalk. Two weeks later the eggs were no longer visible about 4 months later live birth.

Last edited: