My Whip babies

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
One remark: you talk about instars in these animals. There is praenymph, protonymph, juvenile, adult, no instars. That's with scorpions.
Thanks I really am a Tarantula guy.Got into breeding scorpions last year and this is my third go with the Damon variegatus (Tanzanian Giant Tailless Whipscorpion )

Last edited:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks I really am a Tarantula guy.Got into breeding the scorpions last year and this is my third go with the Damon variegatus (Tanzanian Giant Tailless Whipscorpion )
Hi,

I am a scorpion guy and recently started with whip spiders. Be aware that the majority of D.variegatus from Tanzania, are in fact D.diadema. To check this, you can look at the trochanter of the pedipalp. If there is only one spine, it is D.variegatus, if there are two spines, it is D.diadema. you can see pics of these spines on www.amblypgyi.com
http://amblypygi.com/scientificstuff.htm

cheers, Michiel

Ladybug Lori

Arachnopeon
So cool!

Can I use a few of the pictures for a spider class I am teaching? Would you know where I could find an anatomy chart on these guys? (I have been all over google search and found nothing...)

Lori