Pepperomia argyreia

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
A few different places, some from garden centres, some from reptile stores

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've got some Pepperomia coming hopefully next week, so I'm pretty excited for those.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Around here a lot of people put a variety of Neoregelia, the ones that turn red, in pots, often lining walk ways. A truly fabulous idea if you want to shred kids, staggering drunks, and those touchy-feely people innocent of their serrated knife 'personality'. A large mature plant is quite capable of slicing through your Levis.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Around here a lot of people put a variety of Neoregelia, the ones that turn red, in pots, often lining walk ways. A truly fabulous idea if you want to shred kids, staggering drunks, and those touchy-feely people innocent of their serrated knife 'personality'. A large mature plant is quite capable of slicing through your Levis.
Plants have a number of uses :cool:;)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
As bad as a sisal hedge you think?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

The Snark

Old Timer
As bad as a sisal hedge you think?
Agave is in a class all it's own. Not only brandishing spiked swords some pack a toxin that can cause psoriasis for the rest of your life. Some putzes plant them as ornamentals along roadsides to the delight of passing motorcyclists.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Agave is in a class all it's own. Not only brandishing spiked swords some pack a toxin that can cause psoriasis for the rest of your life. Some putzes plant them as ornamentals along roadsides to the delight of passing motorcyclists.
Oh I am aware, very aware. It's quite a site to see a hedge of sisal in Kenya or South Sudan, guarding against the thief and the elephant. Quite another when you have to dig that enormous American Agave out of the front yard and hope that you don't get any infamous agave juice on you...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

The Snark

Old Timer
Oh I am aware, very aware. It's quite a site to see a hedge of sisal in Kenya or South Sudan, guarding against the thief and the elephant. Quite another when you have to dig that enormous American Agave out of the front yard and hope that you don't get any infamous agave juice on you...
I missed a fantastic photo-op by seconds. House down the street from us, manicured ornamental garden with dozens of neatly kept shrubs and potted plants had an enormous agave out front leaning right into the roadway. It was an ongoing gripe with lots of people and got midnight trimmed back occasionally. Driving down the road I came up behind the municipality back hoe just as it was driving away from that house. The agave had been dug up and dumped in the middle of their lawn.

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I've actually started a new plant only growing terrarium
I did this and I love it!

Also, do you happen to know what kind of plant this is:

Someone at my complex threw one (or something similar) out and I'm in the process of bringing it back to life.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I did this and I love it!

Also, do you happen to know what kind of plant this is:

Someone at my complex threw one (or something similar) out and I'm in the process of bringing it back to life.
Possibly the green version of "Begonia masoniana", definitely a similar crinkled leaf

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
A few new additions

Alocasia "Polly"
20200517_130602.jpg

Pilea peperomioides
20200517_130608.jpg
Philodendron "McCauley finale"
20200517_130618.jpg

Monstera adansonii
20200517_130631.jpg

IamNick

Arachnopeon
My favorite of my viv plants, I love when it turns a nice blue, some form of Selagi 20200531_102654.jpg nella