my Vesi color is stuck on his molt!!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
A sling shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to finish its moult. There's a point when you should intervene; when it's clear it won't make it without help. For that, you need to be perfectly sure it's stuck indeed.
At that point, time is of the essence...

Read this very carefully:

Don't get your hopes up, it might die anyway or you might hurt it, but I think it's better to have tried to safe it than just sit there and do nothing.

Keep us updated. :)

GabGab

Arachnoknight
A sling shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to finish its moult. There's a point when you should intervene; when it's clear it won't make it without help. For that, you need to be perfectly sure it's stuck indeed.

Don't get your hopes up, it might die anyway or you might hurt it, but I think it's better to have tried to safe it than just sit there and do nothing.

he’s still stuck :( I just got home :((

his butt is the problem :( I don’t wAnt to hurt it in any way :( lemme take a pic for you.

THE ENDING OF THE BUTT THE SPINERETTS!!! It’s stuck :(

my vest color just molted and the butt piece is stuck on the spinnerettts!!! What do I do :(

my vest color just molted and the butt piece is stuck on the spinnerettts!!! What do I do :(
Vesi color**

The butt part didn’t finish molting :(

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Did you read the thread I linked?

I would get it out of the enclosure and moisten the area with a q-tip or brush, then try if you get the moult of by grabbing it with some tweezers, let the sling try to get away, don't pull yourself, if possible.
It might be too late and it has already hardened but it's worth a try.
If the old moult blocks its anus it's not good.

GabGab

Arachnoknight

I would get it out of the enclosure and moisten the area with a q-tip or brush, then try if you get the moult of by grabbing it with some tweezers, let the sling try to get away, don't pull yourself, if possible.
It might be too late and it has already hardened but it's worth a try.
If the old moult blocks its anus it's not good.
it’s not blocking it! I thought it was it just the lower part of it.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Like I said...

Or just try it without getting it out, maybe it's not too bad, so, this will work... but act now!

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Like I said...
Like I said...
My hands are very shaky rn and it’s stuck to the whole butt :( and
Like I said...

Or just try it without getting it out, maybe it's not too bad, so, this will work... but act now!
I AM!! I almost got it off.. :( it’s hard and I’m shaking 😭

My hands are very shaky rn and it’s stuck to the whole butt :( and

I AM!! I almost got it off.. :( it’s hard and I’m shaking 😭
I GOT IT

Like I said...

the top of the butt piece is still on there..

Like I said...

I am very concerned because where the bottom piece was was kinda by the butt (anus) and I’m scared it won’t make it :(

Like I said...

I tried the dampen the butt part but he won’t stop moving.. And I don’t see the Spinnerets? Is that bad? Sorry I never dealt with a molting T before :(

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Well, at this point you could probably leave the rest where it is. As long as it's not covering the anus (and it doesn't seem that way) it's not in any immediate danger. It looks as if the old carapace is somehow stuck to its abdomen. If it has already hardened you could do more harm than good by trying to pull it off. It may fall off on its own. I would try to keep the abdomen moist, maybe put it in a temporary box for that instead of letting it run free. ;)
And have a close eye if it bleeds anywhere.

Maybe others could chime in as I've never dealt with a bad/stuck moult myself. @The Grym Reaper @cold blood @Vanessa

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Why did you make a new thread? o_O
I didn’t mean too. I’m just so worried to be honest. I never had to deal with a molt before. and this was very hard. And I’m not losing hope but I feel like she/he won’t make it :( but I’m heading to bed, I have water for it and I hope he or she survives the night.

Well, at this point you could probably leave the rest where it is. As long as it's not covering the anus (and it doesn't seem that way) it's not in any immediate danger. It looks as if the old carapace is somehow stuck to its abdomen. If it has already hardened you could do more harm than good by trying to pull it off. It may fall off on its own.

Maybe others could chime in as I've never dealt with a bad/stuck moult myself. @The Grym Reaper @cold blood @Vanessa
I already got it off! But I’m concerned on how it will be. but you were VERY HELPFUL thru this process! Thank you :,)

Well, at this point you could probably leave the rest where it is. As long as it's not covering the anus (and it doesn't seem that way) it's not in any immediate danger. It looks as if the old carapace is somehow stuck to its abdomen. If it has already hardened you could do more harm than good by trying to pull it off. It may fall off on its own. I would try to keep the abdomen moist, maybe put it in a temporary box for that instead of letting it run free. ;)
And have a close eye if it bleeds anywhere.

ummmmm something happened!! idk what that goo stuff is??

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking

Thekla

Arachnoprince
ummmmm something happened!! idk what that goo stuff is??
I'm not really sure... maybe poop? Maybe something vital? As hard as it sounds you will know in the morning. For now, make sure it has access to water and just leave it be. Now, you got everything off, there's nothing more you can do but wait.
We will see if it pulls through. Fingers crossed! :)

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I'm not really sure... maybe poop? Maybe something vital? As hard as it sounds you will know in the morning. For now, make sure it has access to water and just leave it be. Now, you got everything off, there's nothing more you can do but wait.
We will see if it pulls through. Fingers crossed! :)
I cleaned out its water dish so it could have fresh water :) I hope so too. I don’t know how you guys do it!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man, you need to wait it out. Let nature take its course!! ;) :rolleyes:

No need for A NEW THREAD either. What was the point of that....

This won't be the ONLY molt as you KNOW. I really suggest you start reading up on all the molt posts so that you can become armed with KNOWLEDGE, your Ts life and your own damn sanity depends upon it.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Is doing just fine right now :) hasn't drank any water which is my concern. (Maybe he has but it looks un touched) but as soon as his teeth harden maybe tomorrow I hope (I'm leaving to Nevada in the morning) So I hope he'll be fine when I get back. Here are some photo's! plus I also want to add what this stuff is on the side of the enclosure?

Attachments

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Man, you need to wait it out. Let nature take its course!! ;) :rolleyes:

No need for A NEW THREAD either. What was the point of that....

This won't be the ONLY molt as you KNOW. I really suggest you start reading up on all the molt posts so that you can become armed with KNOWLEDGE, your Ts life and your own damn sanity depends upon it.
He was still stuck when I got home and one of the mods sent me a link from here on how to deal the molt. And I got it off finally but my main concern is if he will make it.. It was attached to his abdomen and it took me 30whole mins with my shaky hands to try to get it off. I never delt with a molt before obvi so it was a crazy moment for someone who just started this hobby. But my main concern is he hasn't drank any water from what I see and just waiting for his fangs to harden up so I could try to feed him.

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Glad to hear that your t molted successfully! 😁
Kind of, I had to read a post on how to get the molt of the abdomen so I was very nerves and shaky and I finally got it off. But I'm very concerned for the next couple days. will update again fersure!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Don't try to feed it too early! Wait at least 4-5 days, it won't starve. As long as it has water at its disposal it'll be fine (assuming nothing vital got damaged while that moult that is).