My Usambara

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lmao..I was outside with it in it's cage trying to get some good quality photos with my crappy camera. He/she was in a docile mood and crawled right up on my hand. Then it crawled fast up my arm and then to my head.It stayed still for a ong time.so I decided to let it do whatever. Well I saw an injured wasp and decided to take a look . I thought I still felt it on my head...then I look around to make sure.That thing crawled down my back. what do you know? it was running on the ground trying to make an escape..wen I get near it, it rears up and hisses..lol. I freaked and grabbed a pot and it started to run up the wall.. So I tricked the demon to run into that...he he..It was hard getting it out of that pot and to stay in the cage..lol. Man that thing thought it was getting away for sure ;) =D

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Close call. I won't ever give mine any kind of chance to escape whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I respect it, but I can't trust this species as far as I can defacate :)

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lmao.. yeah it was slow and then tricked me by going fast..he he.. But luckily I am good at catching things and always have been :D ;) I'll never do that again..but I did not let it on my hand it invited itself..;P

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess you are lucky in that you have one of the somewhat less aggressive ones. Mine will rear up if I even so much as breathe on it or tap it's cage. It will even rear up when it is hanging upside down from its cage! When it is on the ground, it will bend backwards way more than 90 degrees. It's a schitzo!

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lmao!!lmao!! mine does that sometimes. That is so trippy.Mine usually isn't.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re:

Yeah, that is trippy.. Mine is always in the same mood. I should know, I was bit once. At first I thought it was a dry bite, but after a couple of days I began to feel effects. I researched what the effects are, and I've been suffering from most of the symptoms that I found, most notably being random muscle spasms and annoying pain in my arms and legs. It's been almost two weeks and I'm still affected... I think I'll write about this in the bite/sting forum sometime in more detail.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would never let mine get free. Just looking at mine pisses her off she is hell on 8 legs.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re:

Originally posted by AlbinoDragon829
Yeah, that is trippy.. Mine is always in the same mood. I should know, I was bit once. At first I thought it was a dry bite, but after a couple of days I began to feel effects. I researched what the effects are, and I've been suffering from most of the symptoms that I found, most notably being random muscle spasms and annoying pain in my arms and legs. It's been almost two weeks and I'm still affected... I think I'll write about this in the bite/sting forum sometime in more detail.
Oh, I have been bit 3 times..lol..It hurt like hell!! for like 30 minutes.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What you do is stick it in ice. leave it there! If you remove the bite wound it will hurt like hell!!! Or put it under hot hot water. I don't mean to be brave ;P ;)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've not ever been bit , but I've certainly chased an Usambara (as well as many many other species) around the room a few times. Fun stuff! Try shipping one, that's a pretty good time too. Actually, a couple of the times I have chesed one around was while preparing to ship. :)

Atrax