My Uroplectes Family

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not sure what ya mean but if you mean a prekilled larger prey item for them to feast on - i dont prekill any feeders unless its a severely injured scorp that is having trouble eating.
Sorry, that wasn't all that specific was it? Definitely struggling with words without the coffee today lol :dead:. I've had a couple species in the past that were too small, so I'd mortally wound a roach (usually tear it in half so it's an appropriate size) and feed those to the slings. Worked incredibly well with my Liocheles and some of the arboreal buthids. Roach still twitches enough to be interesting so the scorps will usually go for them. One of my Liocheles got greedy after a couple molts and would grab a half in each claw before running off to eat.

Last edited:

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Sorry, that wasn't all that specific was it? Definitely struggling with words minus the coffee today lol :dead:. I've had a couple species in the past that were too small, so I'd mortally wound a roach (usually tear it in half so it's an appropriate size) and feed those to the slings. Worked incredibly well with my Liocheles and some of the arboreal buthids. Roach still twitches enough to be interesting so the scorps will usually go for them. One of my Liocheles got greedy after a couple molts and would grab a half in each claw before running off to eat.
no worries i figured thats what ya meant by it. Ive had a colony of lateralis for awhile so even though its rough trying to find all the 1 day olds in the tub to use for feeders i never had to rip them apart and feed that way

brolloks

Arachnobaron
You have really beautiful Uroplectes. So much different from mine and I have some of the sames species ;)
I recently had 60 little olivaceus, all from the same mom. She gave me two broods so far.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
You have really beautiful Uroplectes. So much different from mine and I have some of the sames species ;)
I recently had 60 little olivaceus, all from the same mom. She gave me two broods so far.
Wow 60 from any species of uroplectes is a HUGE brood ! Congrats
Which area are yours from ? Mine are the Mozambique locale but im always looking for the other locales also

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Wow 60 from any species of uroplectes is a HUGE brood ! Congrats
Which area are yours from ? Mine are the Mozambique locale but im always looking for the other locales also
My olivaceus are from an area called Marloth Park in Mpumalanga province ZA

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
My olivaceus are from an area called Marloth Park in Mpumalanga province ZA
Ahh you have the "RSA" locale which is the locale ive been looking for. Less brown and yellow colors on them but appear blue in right light or at certain instars unless the pics i saw of them were altered but still thats an enormous brood so again Congrats !

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Ahh you have the "RSA" locale which is the locale ive been looking for. Less brown and yellow colors on them but appear blue in right light or at certain instars unless the pics i saw of them were altered but still thats an enormous brood so again Congrats !
Thanks
They do actually look blue under the right light.

Here is a picture of the mother with her first brood:
http://arachnoboards.com/gallery/uroplectes-olivaceus.40674/

She had about 40+ in this brood and dropped a second brood about 3-4 months later

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Love this genus! Unfortunately, I only have one out of 4 left of my 2i U.vittatus. They are as touchy as A.bicolor, in my care. Not sure what they don’t like here, but the remaining one is fat and sassy and I love the colors.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Love this genus! Unfortunately, I only have one out of 4 left of my 2i U.vittatus. They are as touchy as A.bicolor, in my care. Not sure what they don’t like here, but the remaining one is fat and sassy and I love the colors.
This is my favorite genus for sure :)
That stinks you lost 3 of your 4 vittatus though. Where did you get your vittatus from ? They seem to be 1 of the hardiest species of uroplectes I've kept. Chubbi and otjimbinguensis seem to be sensitive as 2i's as I've lost a few of each already
I still have all my babies from my vittatus brood
( except 6 that went to Brandon) most are 3i now but I think 6 are still 2i.

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Mine were purchased from a seller in the states, from Europeon stock. I keep them on granite sand and excavator clay, at 82F, with a day and night light cycle, a hide, and once every 2 weeks, I drip a few drops of water in one spot that dries in hours. I feed cricket legs, crushed roach nymphs, and occasionally tiny mealworms.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Mine were purchased from a seller in the states, from Europeon stock. I keep them on granite sand and excavator clay, at 82F, with a day and night light cycle, a hide, and once every 2 weeks, I drip a few drops of water in one spot that dries in hours. I feed cricket legs, crushed roach nymphs, and occasionally tiny mealworms.
I keep about 1/4-1/3 of the sub moist for all my uroplectes species at most times. If kept too dry- they are prone to dying quickly. Once adult most won't require much moisture but growing up they seem to need it quite frequently

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
That’s good information to know, since I was accused of overwatering some desert scorplings of other genera. I tread carefully with watering desert species and try to do so once or twice a month.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
That’s good information to know, since I was accused of overwatering some desert scorplings of other genera. I tread carefully with watering desert species and try to do so once or twice a month.
Some desert species can be really prone to problems from overwatering but usually not until adult will excess water become an issue. I've kept 8 species of uroplectes so far and all seem to take well to the methods I've used to keep them. I use 70/30 sand/coco and 1/4-1/3 of their tank moist.