My Urodacus novaehollandiae‘s burrow caved in!

Silverfishy7

Arachnopeon
So I just recently purchased a Urodacus novaehollandiae ( Coastal Burrowing Scorpion ). As I was feeding it the cricket hit the top of the burrow, caving in the front corridor. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Or what will happen to the scorpion?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
So I just recently purchased a Urodacus novaehollandiae ( Coastal Burrowing Scorpion ). As I was feeding it the cricket hit the top of the burrow, caving in the front corridor. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? Or what will happen to the scorpion?
Please send photos

ignithium

Arachnoknight
Well, if it wants to get out, it will dig its way out. If it really bothers you, you can reopen the burrow, its not like the scorpion will die from it either way.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
It will be fine, Nova's evolved burrowing in fine beach sand in coastal dunes with cave in's being common place.
If it doesn't come out by the next feed I will sometimes dig mine out, rearrange the enclosure and let them dig a new one.
What's your substrate consistency like, might need more moisture possibly to hold it together.
You can bury some structure into the substrate, (branch etc) which they like digging around, this will help stop cave ins

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I agree with Rhino1, your scorpion will be fine. They're a burrowing species that burrow in sand so it will just dig its own way out.