My upcoming species list

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Growing my collection again. I think this is going to be it for a while. The only other species I want are some pokies that are not available around here much. Same with jumping spiders.

b.smithi - I originally was not too into them since they seem to be popular and I was tired of every tarantula thing showing them but lately started to like one)

c. darlingi - been wanting this one for a while but they kept being sold out whenever I wanted to buy

e. murinus - CONFIRMED female. One of my dream species. The slings were sold out by the time I put my order in but I could not pass her up.

p. murinus DCF + p. murinus TCF - OBT's are my fav but I wanted to get the other color varieties. I want to put them all on a shelf next to each other.

Selenops radiata - Non-Tarantula and a freebie. My Cheiracanthium inclusum molted out into a mature male so was released (was a wild caught) and I have been wanting a new true spider.

Heteroscodra maculata - To replace the one I previously lost. Bit sad still since I grew attached to the one I had. One of my fav species.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
My order is here!

I was so excited (and a bit nervous) for my e. murinus that I unboxed her right away. (sometimes I let them "settle" for a bit in case the ride was bumpy)

At first she was a little bundle of scared spidey. I was so excited to see the striking color of her legs!

1610480929630.png

She strolled out very nicely which is good because I accidentally had her faced the wrong way at first to transfer her into the terrarium. I was thinking was a nice girl she was, maybe even handleable! (not that I ever would)

1610481075500.png
After I took away the napkin, she looked a little angry, but I would be too if I was curled up and someone took away my bedsheets.

1610481152021.png

I picked up the terrarium to move it and she went full-happy threat posturing. The terrarium was now hers and no one could ever dare to enter it-not even to wipe the sides which I realized were kinda smudgy still.

I am so pleased to have her to my collection. I am going to keep her next to or near my h. "back ma" which I recently rehoused into a large acrylic box. I prefer acrylic for the fossorials since I can vent them however I want and if you read my original post with the bach ma, I add some holes to the bottom covered by a screen (a food safe mesh for straining rise milk I think) on the outside of the terrarium so the soil can get some air down there and they can't rip out the screen like most false-bottoms. I originally kept a tray underneath but found it was unnecessary.

Smotzer

Arachnoking
Congrats on the additions!! The Ephobopus murinus is stunning!! And lucky you to get a female!!

I have been going back and forth lately myself on whether or not to add any more to my collection. Like I dont really 'need' any more but I sure would like to lol.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Congrats on the additions!! The Ephobopus murinus is stunning!! And lucky you to get a female!!

I have been going back and forth lately myself on whether or not to add any more to my collection. Like I dont really 'need' any more but I sure would like to lol.
She was pricey! They ran out of slings so was the last one. It is one of my fav species so it is one I was willing to drop a bit more on.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Okay finished the unpacking and rehousing. It felt like a lot of work. Such small slings. I rehoused the c. darlingi next and it took two slow steps then BOLT! ran up my paintbrush and hand for a moment before I put the container in the way and it ran into it. First time I ever touched a tarantula.

The rest was pretty standard and uneventful. After that darlingi, I was so nervous to rehouse 2 p.murinus haha. The b.smithi is so tiny, like my first LP that I got

8 legged

Arachnoknight
Darlingis... I never had a "normal" rehouse situation with them! 🤣

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
my darlingi went way easier than I thought she would
I had read, I was ready. Then it was like "oh, that's it?" She's in her permanent home now. I will have to rehouse my Marshalli at some point.