My two new slings are not eating

Flyingdrull

Arachnopeon
I did get the substrate for its habitat in a cheap place... It may of have sharp pebbles or something. Oh well I am new to tarantula and I learn. At least I have the boehmei which is the one I actually played for. The curly hair was a freebie.

Anyways here is a picture 0228202312.jpg

Flyingdrull

Arachnopeon
Well the other T is on coconut fiber provided by the people who gave my the two Ts so hopefully nothing will happen to him. He is in premolt and this will be my first experience with molting (at least that I have seen). Wish me luck. 15830016407261407325598.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I'm really sorry you lost your T. albo. :sad: I wouldn't rule out the cricket as the culprit, better use cut up mealworms in future... it's just the safer and easier option.

But honestly, that experience should give you even more reason to rehouse your other sling as I already suggested several times. That stupid guarantee time thing has passed weeks ago. A small (2oz or 4oz) deli cup would be much safer for your sling as you can monitor it better.
And did you get a smaller water dish? One your sling can actually reach and drink from? ;) I already gave you a good example of how to house your sling properly, and you don't even need a water dish when you put a small piece of sphagnum moss into the enclosure and keep that wet, so, your sling can drink from it.