My two desert hairys.

Ty334

Arachnopeon
Ok here's the deal. I purchased two adult desert hairys a couple months back one male and one female. I knew I was taking a chance housing them together but I guess my curiosity got the best of me and I did it anyways. I've had them together in a ten gallon aquarium the entire time I've had them, they've maybe been fiesty with one another 3-4 times total since the entire time I've had them but the conflict would never get out of control before they'd part ways. I put two hides in the enclosure for each of them to aid them in avoiding each other and the first two months I had them, each would retreat to is own hide to avoid the other. As time went by they became more and more tolerant of each other which has resulted in them sleeping under the same hide together, and now there have been minimal to zero fighting. Has anyone else had this happen or can share some similar experience?

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
That's quite fascinating as desert hairies aren't the communal type. I suppose as long as they have their own hides/burrows to retreat to they're more tolerant of one another.

Ty334

Arachnopeon
That's quite fascinating as desert hairies aren't the communal type. I suppose as long as they have their own hides/burrows to retreat to they're more tolerant of one another.
But despite the separate hides they still choose to retreat to the same one every single morning this one included. Not only that they seem to be socializing..I lifted the hide yesterday to check on them and they were side by side. I'm really fascinated by it.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
The smaller one sure does look nice and fat. Keep both well fed and see where it goes.... ;)

Ty334

Arachnopeon
They have four fat Dubia roaches hanging around when they're ready 😉

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
The small one is very fat indeed! Its curious that they like to share the same hide/burrow. Individuals do have different personalities/temperaments, so these two must be quite tolerant of one another!

Nimbuscloud

Arachnopeon
One species I never got to experience and keep. Hear they can pack a nice little sting and pretty defensive from what I heard.

Ty334

Arachnopeon
The small one is very fat indeed! Its curious that they like to share the same hide/burrow. Individuals do have different personalities/temperaments, so these two must be quite tolerant of one another!
What makes me think she's gravid is she went almost four weeks without eating and only started getting fatter