My two bettas

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Love betta fish, I have mine in a vase with a plant. Keepers say thats frowned upon but I have not had any issues yet. My grandfather kept one in a vase for 3 years!

Feral

Arachnobaron
Love betta fish, I have mine in a vase with a plant. Keepers say thats frowned upon but I have not had any issues yet. My grandfather kept one in a vase for 3 years!
Yeah, a vase is fine... IF it's kept above 77F either by room temp or a heater AND it's at least three gallons AND it's properly cycled AND it's either adequately filtered with proper water changes and/or has very frequent water changes such that either way it never has any detectable ammonia or nitrite and the nitrates stay under 40ppm at all times.

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I love bettas! I currently have one in my 20 gallon community tank. A lot of people think that bettas can only be housed alone but I've had mine in the 20 gallon for over a year with no problems. before that, he lived by himself for like 1.5-2 years.

Yeah, a vase is fine... IF it's kept above 77F either by room temp or a heater AND it's at least three gallons AND it's properly cycled AND it's either adequately filtered with proper water changes and/or has very frequent water changes such that either way it never has any detectable ammonia or nitrite and the nitrates stay under 40ppm at all times.
I agree. I have heard and found that it is harder to keep water parameters stable and the tank clean at a smaller size. although bettas can live in a smaller tank, it just is harder to keep. The water parameters can change very easily in a smaller tank.