My Ts

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's been a long time since I've been back for any meaningful length of time on the forum because of the post-partum depression/psychosis that I went through. I've actually been scared to come back because during my bout with the ppd, my spiders didn't fare so well with the spotty care they received from the friends and family who were trying to help. I don't have too many left, mostly my Brachypelmas, a goliath, an H. gigas, two Haplopelmas, my C. brachy, and my Pterror.

I feel terrible about the ones that died while I was sick; I tried to give other people directions for how to take care of them, but they got neglected and some of them didn't make it. So, if you're going to take a shot at me for being a bad pet owner, do it now and let's get it behind us so I can get back into the hobby and back to the forum.

BTW, Vayu Son, the female H. gigas you sent me escaped from her enclosure a few months ago and is probably getting rather fat eating smaller spiders and flies down in the basement.

defour

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, you enlisted friends to help, and to me that makes it forgiveable. There was an article in an ATS forum a few years back that totally pissed me off: a situation similar to yours in which someone ignored their T's and refused the help their friends were offering, because the animals just didn't rate enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant being kept alive. Your situation is different, and I empathise with it; I've had experience with some whacky mental states and know how that can affect a person's life.

As for your list, the Brachypelma, Ceratogyrus and Pterinochilus I might expect to come through ok, but the Theraphosa might be a bigger blessing; mine have definitely "complained" when neglected more than the more temperate species I've kept. How big were they?

Steve

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Paige, you could have called me anytime, and I'd have taken the rest for you.... I'm sorry they didn't get good care. On the bright side, the slings of yours are doing fine, eating well, and molting. The B emilia is starting to get color too!
I have them all fat and sassy, and they can stay here as long as they need to.
Welcome back :)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I should have called you, Holley. Had I been at all rational and had any idea how bad off they were, I would have. :(