my Ts been in its blocked up home for quite some time now....need help

aiwlu

Arachnopeon
my payson blondes been hiding in its burrrow for quite sometime now.
and hes blocked up the front so i can't see anything....
do i dig him out? or do i leave him be?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is in pre-molt this is perfectly normal as Aphonopelma species stay in premolt for a very long time. It knows what it is doing, the only time you should be alarmed is if it starts to smell in the cage, as if it were dead.

aiwlu

Arachnopeon
He is in pre-molt this is perfectly normal as Aphonopelma species stay in premolt for a very long time. It knows what it is doing, the only time you should be alarmed is if it starts to smell in the cage, as if it were dead.
ya he did this during his last molt as well.
mmm guess i'll just have to leave him be and wait for him to come out then...
its so boring seeing an empty home....hope he comes out soon...

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Multiple tarantulas help with the empty tank feeling ;) Increases your chance of seeing at least one!

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Multiple tarantulas help with the empty tank feeling ;) Increases your chance of seeing at least one!
Not with my luck. Mine seem to be doing the same thing women do when they live together--their cycles are all matched up.:rolleyes:

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my payson blondes been hiding in its burrrow for quite sometime now.
and hes blocked up the front so i can't see anything....
do i dig him out? or do i leave him be?
It's the end of September. The days are getting longer. Soon the temperature will begin to drop. And, if you're normal, it's been overfed and obese. Your tarantula merely is hunkering down for a long winter's nap.

It doesn't realize that it's living in a nice warm home, in a nice secure cage, with a steady supply of too much water; and that some bumbling, clumsy God is going to overfeed it forever.

It may get smart next year.

Relax. {D

Edit: "... The days are getting longer. ..." I can't believe I said that! Of course, the days are getting SHORTER in the Northern Hemisphere. This is the sort of thing that happens when I'm operating on a 2 hour battery in your laptop in a Mickey D's, the 6 kids in the next booth should be kept in cages, and I'm trying to think in anything other than four letter Anglo-Saxonisms! Sorry for the screw up, and thanks to everybody for correcting me.

Last edited:

webbedone

Arachnobaron
only the comunal ones and they must be very well fed too, but i suppose it was ment to aquire more T's of different types, go ahead get addicted.

aiwlu

Arachnopeon
No. Do not put multiple tarantulas in the same tank. Only communal Ts can be together and there are only a small amount of communal species.
:} ya thats what i thought too. too bad i can't put them together...or else that'd be quite a sight