My T's are conspiring against me!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Every morning I check on my T's and snakes to see if they need water or anything, and today I found my curly's water dish empty. Apparently she wanted it that way, because I got a tantrum when trying to fill it up. She must be taking lessons from my rosie and my usumbara.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well if she flops onto her back in a hissy fit like the Rosie, please do take a picture of it!

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Wonder woman was the BOMB!

Originally posted by Godzilla2000
Well if she flops onto her back in a hissy fit like the Rosie, please do take a picture of it!
It's off the topic, but I remember Wonder Woman on TV when I was a kid - I had a crush on Linda Carter (was that her name??). Godzilla was cool on Saturday's back in the day, too!

;)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
PG - what are those little yellow balls in the tank with her?

Bill

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: Wonder woman was the BOMB!

Originally posted by D-Man
It's off the topic, but I remember Wonder Woman on TV when I was a kid - I had a crush on Linda Carter (was that her name??). Godzilla was cool on Saturday's back in the day, too!

;)
What guy didn't like Wonder Woman and what girl didn't want to be her back in the 70's? ;)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
pategirl's "yellow balls" are some type of special extra ingredient added to special extra-ingredient fortified potting soil.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ATTN: Pategirl

Just to let you know, my E. campestratus Gypsy has been copping an attitude lately as well. I think it must be that she can either sense new Tarantulas or it's a seasonal thing. I'll just have to wait and see.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
PG - what are those little yellow balls in the tank with her?

Bill
Well, it kind of looks like fertilizer to me.

Jon

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They're some sort of water holding stuff....the potting soil I got is supposed to retain moisture longer....I don't think it's harmful, I thought it would be good for the T's that like humid conditions.

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They're some sort of water holding stuff....the potting soil I got is supposed to ret

I kinda use some of the same stuff and i haven't had any problems either..

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, Pategirl, if it does indeed, do as it says it can, I'd be interested to know. I keep so many scorps and misting gets really annoying, being as it takes me about twelve to fifteen minutes to mist all the enclosures.

adios,
edw. :D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Speaking of testy Tarantulas, my new B. vagans took umbrage to the fact I wanted to give her clrean water this morning. This is what I got for sticking an eye dropper in and putting water in her dish after cautiously fishing it out, cleaning it, and putting it back in.

Attachments

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Chilean rose seems to be getting more and more ill tempered every week. :confused:

She rears up at the drop of a hat.....all I have to do is open the cage now she rears up at me and then after 30 seconds to a minute then she will go into her hide and keep her pedipalps up. She even extended fangs today when I took her waterdish out to clean it.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Buspirone
My Chilean rose seems to be getting more and more ill tempered every week. :confused:

She rears up at the drop of a hat.....all I have to do is open the cage now she rears up at me and then after 30 seconds to a minute then she will go into her hide and keep her pedipalps up. She even extended fangs today when I took her waterdish out to clean it.
I've been noticing that my Tarantulas are starting to exhibit very strange behavior as well. My Chilean Rosehair threw up her own threat display. That and my defensive spiders have been spending less and less time sleeping. Luci, my Cobalt Blue usually hangs out in her burrow at least until I'm asleep. But she's out and about right now. It might be the presence of a scorpion near them that has the defensive spiders interested.

*My Chilean Rosehair's Threat Posture.*

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now I'm thinking of that B-Movie with William Shatner in it called Kingdom of the Spiders.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) my Ts could not even take over a cartoon let alone the world. my rosie is uber laid back , really funny when she just toddles off into her hide:rolleyes: while my vagans is a complete spaz head. example: i came home from work this morning and waltzed into the living room to see how my pets were doing , feed my fish:) my vagans was well away from her cork bark hide apparently day dreaming:rolleyes: i went over to her tank n said goodmorning , a minute later she suddenly realised i was there n made a mad dash for her hide but instead ran in the wrong direction straight into her water bowl:eek: then ran to the wrong end of her hide that she herself had blocked:? before calming down a bit and slowly walking in the right end=D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My vagans is nuts. She's just a little 3 inch squirt but she threw up a threat posture just by me removing her water dish and cleaning it. She had an even bigger hissy fit as I was refilling it with water using an eye dropper.

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is just so freaking cute!!!!! LMAO!! I have a rosie just like that.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) my binty vagans learnt something afterall:) i went to see what she was doing and she has totally unblocked the end of the hide she couldnt get into:rolleyes: