My Tokay gecko.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Zeus.

I've only managed to get pics of my the little fella with my phone. I'm hoping I manage to get some camera pics of him at some point.

Here's a video of him having an adult locust.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great name for a tokay. They do have the attitude of a cosmic ruler.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Zeus.

I've only managed to get pics of my the little fella with my phone. I'm hoping I manage to get some camera pics of him at some point.

Very nice. I've been wanting a Tokay for a long time now.

Have you bitten by him?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Very nice. I've been wanting a Tokay for a long time now.

Have you bitten by him?
Not by Zeus no, but I was bitten by one many years ago. Hung on for an hour. Not too bad but not pleasant for such a small lizard. Hurts quite a bit when they press down.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Very nice looking gecko! Just in case, feel like I should mention--given that you don't seem to be calcium-dusting, you should make sure to really gut-load the insects to make sure the Ca-P ratio is fine.

I'm always impressed that such a big animal can hang by its toes off a glass wall.

Mattkc

Arachnopeon
Cute fella... If you like to handle your geckos, the time will come when he eventually bites and probably wont let go - Tokay's and some monitors are notorious for this. If possible, turn him over on his back, which will disorient and will usually let go in a few minutes (sometimes wrapping him up in a towel helps before turning on back) . If that doesn't work try dunking him in cold water!

Napier19

Arachnopeon
Always been one of my favorite lizards. I've only ever seen one at LPS and it was almost grown so I passed. Gorgeous specimen!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Always been one of my favorite lizards. I've only ever seen one at LPS and it was almost grown so I passed. Gorgeous specimen!
Tokay's are stunning. I was a bit gutted when he dropped his tail tail at the pet shop. The replacement doesn't have the nobbly exterior.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Cute fella... If you like to handle your geckos, the time will come when he eventually bites and probably wont let go - Tokay's and some monitors are notorious for this. If possible, turn him over on his back, which will disorient and will usually let go in a few minutes (sometimes wrapping him up in a towel helps before turning on back) . If that doesn't work try dunking him in cold water!
Zeus will never be handled by me unless he needs to go to the vets. He doesn't like me and that's fine.

I little bit dies in me when I see a tame Tokay. It's like it's been broken.

I was bit by the Tokay I had many years ago. The little sod hung on for an hour. Hurt a bit too for such a small lizard.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Ive seen tame Tokays ... big fatty beasts sitting on shoulders at reptile shows .... not sure how you tame a Tokay . haha

basin79

ArachnoGod
Ive seen tame Tokays ... big fatty beasts sitting on shoulders at reptile shows .... not sure how you tame a Tokay . haha
It breaks my heart when I see a tame Tokay. They should be little buggers.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Awesome Gecko. I have seen them barking on the roof of the patio in my hotel in Bali, Indonesia and I have seen little eggs all over the walls in a garbage area in Bangkok, Thailand. They are well adapted to human habitations and I think their pissy nature helps them.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Awesome Gecko. I have seen them barking on the roof of the patio in my hotel in Bali, Indonesia and I have seen little eggs all over the walls in a garbage area in Bangkok, Thailand. They are well adapted to human habitations and I think their pissy nature helps them.
They are great at clearing pests and taking out annoying moths so I can well imagine they'd be encouraged to take up resident. I know I'd sooner clean a little bit of shite up than have pests running around.

Zeus barks at night and I absolutely love it.

flatwormlover11

Arachnopeon
Zeus.

cool! i have a golden gecko. thanks for responding on my comment

Kailique

Arachnopeon
My guy is tame but he is still a little dick. He runs to the entrance towards my hands when he wants to come out and if he does not want to hangout with me he stays in his cage and if i try to take him out his wrath is fierce so i just let him decide. When he is out he crawls on me like a tree or jumps to the nearest wall and scurries about.

You dont have to break them, just earn their trust.