My Tarantulas.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have finally connected my digital camera to a PC with enough memory to handle the graphical content of the camera's pictures. So now yu can all see my Tarantulas. Let me start with the first one I recently purchased. This is Fuzzy, my G. Rosea. In this pic it is feeding time. She's chowing down on three crickets at the same time in this pic. I'd say she's a pig but that's nothing compared to my Cobalt's ravenous appetite.

Attachments

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is Pandora, my A. avicularia. She was the second most recent Tarantula I purchased. There's nothing much to say about this pic other than she's chillin' out. Oh and never mind the tacky floral print curtains.

Attachments

Last edited:

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have always been a sucker for hard luck cases. Gypsy, my E. campestratus is a very good example. In this pic you can see the little deformities on her. But she's the sweetest little Tarantula I have in my collection right now.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And this little spaz is my pride and joy. Well at least until I get my Tigerrump, especially as it matures developing those lovely reddish and black tiger stripes on its rump. This little demon I have named Lucifer. I call her Luci short. This is another feeding time pic. This little beast stuffed 4 crickets in its craw at the same time. And Luci even turned around so I could get her good side in this shot.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And last but not least, here is my stupid cat Mo-Mo who just cannot stop pestering my Tarantulas. As you can see in this pic, he looks like a deer caught in the blinding glare of a car's headlights.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh and just to inform all of you, I generally label my Tarantulas as females in a generic sense unless I have been provided with proof otherwise concerning their gender.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a pic of Luci in her burrow. This is just a preliminary burrow. She's been constructing the base for a funnel web in her little corner. Oh and if anyone can tell the gender by looking at this pic, please do so.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pandora has been very busy today constructing a funnel shaped web I like to call her hammock. She's been collecting twigs from her substrate as well. I'm sitting here watching her construct this web right now. Here's the nice little surprise I awoke to when I was checking up on my T's.

Attachments

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cute cat ! has it recovered from the urticulating hairs?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have to say, this is the best picture of Luci I have taken to date. Yu can see the nice cobalt blue coloring on her legs. You can also see the chevron markings of her rump a little. Notice the cricket in the background. It took Luci .5 seconds to nab it.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by ahkiu
cute cat ! has it recovered from the urticulating hairs?
Oh yes. He's recovered nicely from the urticating hair event. And yes he may be a cute cat, but he's really, really dumb. :D

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
hey zilla2k--
why do you have your colbalt on woodchips? in inquiring minds want to know....

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
wow, great pics, i love the E.campestratus, i have one teeny wee little one at 1/4" cant wait untill it gets some size and color!

James

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by krystal
hey zilla2k--
why do you have your colbalt on woodchips? in inquiring minds want to know....
That was the only form of substrate they sell at the petstore I guess. She seems to like it. She's even dug herself a nice burrow in the corner. So far I haven't detected that it's doing any harm to her exoskeleton. But the minute I see any lesions on her I will switch to potting soil.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
wow, great pics, i love the E.campestratus, i have one teeny wee little one at 1/4" cant wait untill it gets some size and color!

James
I love E. campestratus too.Despite the deformities she has I like my little Gypsy alot. She's roughly 4.5 - 5 inches in length so I'm taking a stab at a guess that she's an adult.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a nice aerial shot I took of Fuzzy. She's starting to look a little dark. Plus she's been hanging out near her water dish alot. Could she be ready to molt possibly? I wish I knew if the breeder who sold this specimen to my petshop had a molt record. It would help me alot to determine when molts will be. But thank God for Stanley and Marguerite Schultz's book. It has helped me alot.

*Ooops! Sorry there's no pic. I'm just a little scatterbrained right now. I'll put it up in my next post.*

Last edited: