My Tarantulas :)

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Theres are my little guys! Getting a lot more soon :)

P.murinus

Don't attempt this ;P she was willing so I let her crawl on up :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Great pics! You are braver than I !I guess once bitten twice shy though.:8o

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks.lol..yeah..mine is a sweetie but when threatened or scared she has got to use her instincts :) they can't see after all ;P ;)

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
That usambara isnt as mean, pretty or as quick as my new P. regalis.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: hey

Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
great pics!! wont the sunlight be harmful to your rosehair?

James
Not as long as it's not for an extended period of time.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regarding my own personal collection of tarantulas, I think the very last thing I would do is try and hold my P Murinus. I think I would be in a lot of pain.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with jacen.. I don't think my p murinus would go for it.. She seems pretty high strung. And even less likely, my H. lividium. She's kinda mean :p

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How many tarantulas do u own right now, Raveness? By the way, I was wonder are there 2 kinds of Usambar Baboon? The one I'm getting on Monday is an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.) Is that the same one that you have right now? anyway, I'm also getting a Brazilian Salmon (Lasiodora parahybana) and Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus campestratus). :) all of them are spiderlings..

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
By the way, I was wonder are there 2 kinds of Usambar Baboon? The one I'm getting on Monday is an Usambar Baboon (Pterinochilus sp.) Is that the same one that you have right now?
There has been some confusion for the exact ID of the Usambara for the past few years. It was recently moved officially to a color morph of P. murinus. So, there is the P. murinus "Mombasa golden starburst" and there is the P. murinus "Usambara". Expect it to be some time before most dealers will have them listed correctly.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been confused about that one too... What kind is mine? I was told shes a starbust and that that's the same as an usumbara but in the caresheets I saw that there was a Pterinochilus Sp and a P. murinus listed as different spiders and with different ways to care for them. I'm totally confused because I thought she was p. murinus.
Don't know if you can tell from this pic but she was in front of a shiny black drape :}

Attachments

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
There has been some confusion for the exact ID of the Usambara for the past few years. It was recently moved officially to a color morph of P. murinus. So, there is the P. murinus "Mombasa golden starburst" and there is the P. murinus "Usambara". Expect it to be some time before most dealers will have them listed correctly.
Yeah, what he said.

Seriously though, he is right. That's all that it is. A color morph. Just like the Rosea Red color morph. It's still related to the Rosea, just has a different tint to it.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by veronyka
I've been confused about that one too... What kind is mine? I was told shes a starbust and that that's the same as an usumbara but in the caresheets I saw that there was a Pterinochilus Sp and a P. murinus listed as different spiders and with different ways to care for them. I'm totally confused because I thought she was p. murinus.
Don't know if you can tell from this pic but she was in front of a shiny black drape :}
Although it's hard to tell from pictures, I'd venture to say that is an Usumbara. Whether or not it is, "starbursts" and "usumbaras" are cared for basically EXACTLY the same.