My tarantulas been inactive for awhile

Nightstars100

Arachnopeon
Some background; I have an Avicularia avicularia tarantula and I've been noticing they are very inactive most of the time. I'm a new tarantula owner so I was wondering if this was normal? (I'm still not exactly sure what gender they are or whether he is healthy) They do eat often, but they never go near their water bowl to drink. I got him 4 months ago.

Attachments

sasker

Arachnoprince
Tarantulas are not the most active animals one may keep in a terrarium. Yours seems healthy. But indeed, please post some pics of the entire enclosure. Maybe there is some room for improvement :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Here's the full enclosure
That enclosure is way too big for your tarantula (the vast majority of Avic species are fine in a Nano Tall, pictured below), the hide on the ground is useless and should be replaced with a vertically-oriented bark piece or tronchos branch that reaches at least 3/4 of the height of the enclosure, any plant cover should be near the top of the enclosure around the aforementioned bark/branch, and you'll need to replace or cover the underside of the mesh in the lid with drilled acrylic/expanded metal/perforated sheet metal as the woven wire mesh used in these enclosures isn't safe for tarantulas.

Aviculariinae setup.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some background; I have an Avicularia avicularia tarantula and I've been noticing they are very inactive most of the time. I'm a new tarantula owner so I was wondering if this was normal? (I'm still not exactly sure what gender they are or whether he is healthy) They do eat often, but they never go near their water bowl to drink. I got him 4 months ago.
Very normal even at night

Some never drink from a bowl, add water dropwise to webbing DO NOT mist broadly etc.

Here's the full enclosure
What lead you to put a hide on the ground, for an arboreal T? You do know they off the ground, RIGHT??