My Tarantula Wrapped Himself in Webbing

ParahybanaLasiodora

Arachnopeon
My male Lasiodora Parahybana sort of webbed himself onto the side of his enclosure (I've attached a picture). I've never seen him do this before. He hasn't eaten since the last time he's molted, which was only about 3 months ago which makes me think it would be odd if he's molting again. He's also sideways, which would be a bad position to molt in as well. I'm not sure of his age since the person I bought him from didn't specify, but I've had him for about two years, hes about 7-8" now and was maybe 1" when I got him. I thought he might have been mature, because I thought I saw tibial hooks when I was able to get a close look at him, not sure about that though. If you have any idea what might be going on here, please let me know. Thanks! By the way, the web is attached to cork bark on one side and the glass for the other side. I've used coconut fiber for the substrate and cleaned his enclosure about two weeks ago.

Attachments

ParahybanaLasiodora

Arachnopeon
Also I forgot to mention that I saw him drink water a few days ago, something I’ve only ever seen him do before he molts. Also after looking more closely, I don’t think he has fully developed tibial hooks, but rather maybe just the early stages of them. I’m not expert though.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
No such thing as early stages of tibial hooks, either he is mature and has papal bulbs/emboli and tibial hooks or he doesn't. Get a decent in focus pic of the end of his pedipalps and it will be obvious if he is in fact mature. Looks like he may be making a sperm web.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My male Lasiodora Parahybana sort of webbed himself onto the side of his enclosure (I've attached a picture). I've never seen him do this before. He hasn't eaten since the last time he's molted, which was only about 3 months ago which makes me think it would be odd if he's molting again. He's also sideways, which would be a bad position to molt in as well. I'm not sure of his age since the person I bought him from didn't specify, but I've had him for about two years, hes about 7-8" now and was maybe 1" when I got him. I thought he might have been mature, because I thought I saw tibial hooks when I was able to get a close look at him, not sure about that though. If you have any idea what might be going on here, please let me know. Thanks! By the way, the web is attached to cork bark on one side and the glass for the other side. I've used coconut fiber for the substrate and cleaned his enclosure about two weeks ago.
That is a sperm web, and you have a mature male...who will in short order become Hyper-Active, as he begins looking for a mate.

Congratulations!!!