My tarantula eats after molt

Russellcade

Arachnopeon
Here's my problem I'm from Philippines and I have hainanum Tarantula 2 inch this night I supposed to check my T and offer it a blateralis yesterday I gave him one small nymps and I didn't notice it has a Molt on it's entrance and still she grab it and eaten it sorry for the irresponsibility I didn't see her molt because of poor lights on my room and yesterday she eat small nymps would my T is ok ? Although it happens also In the wild

Here's my problem I'm from Philippines and I have hainanum Tarantula 2 inch this night I supposed to check my T and offer it a blateralis yesterday I gave him one small nymps and I didn't notice it has a Molt on it's entrance and still she grab it and eaten it sorry for the irresponsibility I didn't see her molt because of poor lights on my room and yesterday she eat small nymps would my T is ok ? Although it happens also In the wild
I didn't mark her as a premolt because yesterday she eat

Attachments

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
I'd just wait hope for the best and if not try easing it off as a last ditch attempt?

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Most likely will be just fine. Small specimens harden up pretty quickly and *usually* will not eat until they are ready.

Has the burrow been sealed off recently? Often a tarantula will seal its burrow ti molt and usually will jot re-open it until they are ready to eat. It is also possible that the molt is old and the tarantula simply chose ow to clear it from the burrow.

There is not enough info to say what happened with any certainty, but most likely the T. will be fine regardless.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
This is just my experience, but my borrowers never kick out their molts right away, if at all. So I'd personally be inclined to think it's okay that it ate

cold blood

Staff member
This is just my experience, but my borrowers never kick out their molts right away, if at all. So I'd personally be inclined to think it's okay that it ate
I agree, they usually dont kick out molts until theyre hardened up and on the prowl.

No worries here OP.

Russellcade

Arachnopeon
Most likely will be just fine. Small specimens harden up pretty quickly and *usually* will not eat until they are ready.

Has the burrow been sealed off recently? Often a tarantula will seal its burrow ti molt and usually will jot re-open it until they are ready to eat. It is also possible that the molt is old and the tarantula simply chose ow to clear it from the burrow.

There is not enough info to say what happened with any certainty, but most likely the T. will be fine regardless.
The burrow is close recently but only a few hours let's say 9 hours sealed and it just unbelievable that she eat yesterday and when I check in the following morning the entrance is open again maybe she is ok I'm and I see her grooming her fangs Ang legs

justLaci

Arachnopeon

I didn't mark her as a premolt because yesterday she eat
I think, it's not a big problem if the T took it down itself and you didn't force it with tongs. And lateralis roaches are soft. I woudn't worry about it much.