My Tarantula Died.. :(

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry about the tarantula, I was holding my tarantula while watching a movie, I set her down and then got up to stretch and when I sat back down she moved a little and I accidently sat on her. I felt horrible. But I got over it and im sure you will too.;)
when i was a kid, this lady across the street, who was at least 500 lbs, sat on her pet chihuahua.
didnt even know she had killed it, but sat there on the couch for several hours..calling for it every now and then.
was a sad but ironic event.

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a zoo med version of the exoterra terrarium you're talking about and i keep a 3.5 inch P. ornata in it and she seems happy...so i'll say yeah i think the 12x12x18 is good for an arborial setup...

as far as arborial T's IMO any avicularia is a good choice...they tend to be pretty hardy and easy to keep (although of course it depends a bit on the individual spider)...although i tend to be a Psalmopoeus man myself;)...they tend to be a lot more defensive than Avics but you won't find a prettier new world arborial than P. irminia (again just my opinion)...

hope this helps:)

Harvey