My Tarantula acting weird..

CWEBB04z

Arachnopeon
I have a Rose Hair, and the last couple of days it has been making mounds of dirt around its hideout, and I went to look at the Tarantula up close, It has a bald spot on its abdomen, and it wont eat..and my tarantula normally doesn't do this, but it is climbing the tank.

Is it about to molt? If so do I need to keep the Humidity up or is it fine?

Greyhalo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is the bald spot on the abdomen a light tan color or is it dark? If it is dark then it is getting ready to moult which would explain why it wont eat.

As for it climbing the tank, are you keeping the substrate dry? Normally the cause for G. rosea climbing a lot is because the substrate is too damp which they hate. Raising the humidity isnt really proved to aid in the moulting process but it doesnt hurt and I usually do it. I would say if he is indeed about to moult and you want to keep the humidity up then just mist the oposite side of the enclosure than the T is on and hopefully this will help keep him off the sides.

CWEBB04z

Arachnopeon
I rarely Mist the Tank, it usually is very dry, I misted the other side of its tank so it would keep the Humidity up.
The Bald spot is black, So I guess its about to o molt?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Darkening bald spot means a molt is coming, she is maybe looking for a comfy place to molt.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a Rose Hair, and the last couple of days it has been making mounds of dirt around its hideout, and I went to look at the Tarantula up close, It has a bald spot on its abdomen, and it wont eat..and my tarantula normally doesn't do this, but it is climbing the tank.

Is it about to molt? If so do I need to keep the Humidity up or is it fine?
while a pic would be great, we can all fairly well assume she is approaching an upcoming molt and probably is just terraforming her enclosure to make a great space for her to molt.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When I saw the title of your thread, my first thought was, I wonder what that poor person's rosehair is doing to drive them crazy?
Actually though, your rosehair is just rearranging his or her furniture. Sometimes this can mean an upcoming moult, sometimes it just means the T is settling in and redecorating. Either way, nothing is wrong. Rosehairs can and do decide not to eat for any reason, don't worry about it if your T looks generally healthy.