my t' only had 1 spinneret?

lanced_prinz

Arachnopeon
My tarantula only had 1 spinneret......
is it possible for the tarantula to regenerate his spinnerets?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantulas don't regenerate their spinnerettes. I have an E. pachypus female who we got with only one, and she's molted in our care and still has only one.

Cass

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought a rosea female with 1 spinneret and has molted 3 times in my care , and it hasn't even grew at ALL .

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Tarantulas don't regenerate their spinnerettes. I have an E. pachypus female who we got with only one, and she's molted in our care and still has only one.

Cass
Weird. I would totally expect them to regrow them.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
The thing about spinneretts is that its complicated (Very complicated) and it is on the abdominal area of the spider, not the cephalothorax. As far as I know, they are linked to the silk producing organs and the internal parts of the spinneretts are more like an organ rather than part of a segment. I would think these are the reasons why they dont seem to grow.
However, I would guess it is slowly regenerating, so slow that it is not noticeable.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Cass
I wonder why my Theraphosa Sp. Burgundy male regenerated his?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I bought a rosea female with 1 spinneret and has molted 3 times in my care , and it hasn't even grew at ALL .
You had a female G.rosea (assuming adult) molt 3 times in your care? That has to be the fastest growing G.rosea ever.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
I wonder why my Theraphosa Sp. Burgundy male regenerated his?
Wow awesom
did he still had parts of spinneret left? then regeneration is more likely.

Still you also have to see that MM's get a huge growth spurt during ultimate molt, so a possible reason?

Anyways, that is very interesting

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You had a female G.rosea (assuming adult) molt 3 times in your care? That has to be the fastest growing G.rosea ever.
This is an entire topic entirely, not to apply credit to the lad, however I think there is more to molting than we currently understand, especially in the realms of need and speed. My Poecilotheria pederseni female, amongst many other instances has molted 3 times in the past eight months, she is a 7" adult. She had several deformities of the legs, and now they are all rectified, somehow I think necessity drives molts to come on sooner, but I cannot say for sure.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow awesom
did he still had parts of spinneret left? then regeneration is more likely.

Still you also have to see that MM's get a huge growth spurt during ultimate molt, so a possible reason?

Anyways, that is very interesting
No, his spinneret was entirely gone, as was his right palp. He regrew the spinneret in the pre-ultimatum molt, and recovered the palp in the ultimatum molt.

Last edited:

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
This is an entire topic entirely, not to apply credit to the lad, however I think there is more to molting than we currently understand, especially in the realms of need and speed. My Poecilotheria pederseni female, amongst many other instances has molted 3 times in the past eight months, she is a 7" adult. She had several deformities of the legs, and now they are all rectified, somehow I think necessity drives molts to come on sooner, but I cannot say for sure.
However, would it not be ironic that the spinneret still has not regenerated according to Smallara? I dont know, the rosea might have been missing a limb or two in addition to the spinneret damage, but still for an adult rosea, thats just utterly amazing.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If a mature male loses both palps and then molts again can he regain them?
I'm guessing probably not but this thread has me wondering??
-Chris

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
However, would it not be ironic that the spinneret still has not regenerated according to Smallara? I dont know, the rosea might have been missing a limb or two in addition to the spinneret damage, but still for an adult rosea, thats just utterly amazing.
I'm not denying that, I'm sure he is just adding to be involved and their is little truth to it but once again, I think it is possible. My Theraphosa Sp. Burgundy female molted 3 times within the year and she is around 10", I wish I had a better understanding.