My T is trapped

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
On the thread asking about how long an Aphonopelma chalcodes takes to moult, someone mentioned that theirs was in pre-moult for eight months. I think the anax is maybe similar in their habits.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
:bored:
On the thread asking about how long an Aphonopelma chalcodes takes to moult, someone mentioned that theirs was in pre-moult for eight months. I think the anax is maybe similar in their habits.
Wha?
THREE MONTHS?!?!?! :bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bag::bag::bag:
So he's just gonna chill in that hole until springtime. Ok! Good to know.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
:bored:
Wha?
THREE MONTHS?!?!?! :bucktooth::bucktooth::bucktooth::bag::bag::bag:
So he's just gonna chill in that hole until springtime. Ok! Good to know.
Hopefully not, but if you live in the same type of climate as I do, he might want to.
My G. pulchripes female just moulted and she was in her webbed up hide for a long time. She is a bit bigger than your guy and a faster grower too, though.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
One of my A. anax just buried itself for about a month and came out freshly molted the other day. I wouldn't worry about it.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Cool. You guys are awesome and helpful. The weather is mild where I live and I keep the heat for the Ts around 70-72. I know they might grow faster of its warmer but it is also my work office so I don't want to make it terribly uncomfortable.

One plus is Nigel (the A. anax) is burrowed at the front of the enclosure so I can at least see him there.

Edited to add- I meant to write EIGHT MONTHS not THREE MONTHS in response to @VanessaS- yikes that's a long time. Yet another way to practice patience!

cold blood

Staff member
Hi all- just checking back in since it has been a while and my A anax is STILL in his hole, barely moving, not digging out, not molting. He hasn't had anything to eat for a few weeks now but his abdomen is very plump, although not shiny and and not dark. Does this sound like pre-molt behavior still? I'm not planning to go and dig him out, but want to make sure this all sounds pretty normal since this is all new to me.
It's been less than two weeks:meh:

No reason to worry, could be pre molt, it could have nothing at all to do with pre molt...sometimes they hide for months.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
It's ok. Breathe.
inhale.... Exhale
It's been less than two weeks:meh:

No reason to worry, could be pre molt, it could have nothing at all to do with pre molt...sometimes they hide for months.
Good to know. He started his burrow about 3 weeks ago and then I posted a bit later. But yeah. Hasn't been that long. Can you tell I'm a bit of a worrier?

I'm so glad I have some other Ts to focus on! I'm just glad to know he's ok and looking forward to his molt in 2017! :p

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
inhale.... Exhale

Good to know. He started his burrow about 3 weeks ago and then I posted a bit later. But yeah. Hasn't been that long. Can you tell I'm a bit of a worrier?

I'm so glad I have some other Ts to focus on! I'm just glad to know he's ok and looking forward to his molt in 2017! :p
Cold Blood is right, they have no qualms about turning into a pet container. Both of my A. seemani's hid from the end of may to early this month and both molted in the same time-frame.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Run with it baby!:happy:
I asked my spouse last night if an Avic can live at home, rather than my office and he adamantly said no, especially since we have a toddler running around. I did get him to admit that their little pink toes are adorable. So I'd have to put another enclosure in my closet at work, which is doable, tempting, hmmmm. Anyway, I'd need to research for a while and spend a while getting a good enclosure together, so we'll see! I do love my little E sp red sling, he's so cute and eats a lot but I worry about how fragile Avic slings are.