My T is in hiding and doesn't want to come out

Besterq

Arachnopeon
My Chaco Golden knee has been in it's hide for almost a week and hasn't closed off its hide so I'm not sure if its pre molt. It would normaly lay in the entrance of the hide and do a walk around every now and then. But now its like it has depression or something can anything be wrong or not to be concerned about

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
Sounds like it is in premolt but if not it may just have closed itself off. My T’s have closed themselves off for months and then open their hide again

Besterq

Arachnopeon
The thing is he hasn't seald it of yet. Its just sitting there refusing to eat and normaly it's a good eater.

Axiom

Arachnopeon
My Chaco Golden knee has been in it's hide for almost a week and hasn't closed off its hide so I'm not sure if its pre molt. It would normaly lay in the entrance of the hide and do a walk around every now and then. But now its like it has depression or something can anything be wrong or not to be concerned about
Probably is in pre-molt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Stop being a helicopter parent. They don’t get depression!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is only following the goverments recommendation of self quarrantine

Just kidding! People tends to "humanize" tarantulas. They dont get depressions, and just because they close off their burrows doesnt mean they are in premoult. It can just mean they are fasting abd dont want some insects or predators invading their burrows

Last edited:

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
It's normal behavior. You want to see a weird tarantula check out my B Emilia female. She leaves her burrow to molt. She makes sure she is out in the open then lays the molt Matt down and flips over. After she molts, she goes back into hiding

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
And if they dont close off their burrow and stays within it as yours do it doesntmean anything. They rather stay in the hide than iut in the open, most speicies anyways